Death of AAC ???

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dr.killjoy, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    WTF is going on here with all these important people leaving here ??? I don't agree with the changes and feel there is alot of tension in the air..But all thing work out in time..I hate watching everyone that supplied this forum with so much input and help to the rest of us , just to throw in the flag and split..I really don't want to leave or see anyone leave.. But I don't see this ending well and may possible be the Death of AAC... I would love to Form a site that we all could get along and be what AAC use to be and we all have some fun again but sorry that's not within my limits cause I am not sure where to even start there and the funding is not there..
  2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    People come and people go, this is normal. The changes have accelerated some of this, but we will always have new people wandering in.

I am not totally comfortable with everything that is happening, but the core resources remain. If I found it too onerous I would leave too, but we are nowhere that point.

The one thing I can truly not abide is censorship, which simply is not a problem here.

In short AAC will survive, and probably thrive, after the bugs shakeout. There was some core misunderstandings about why we succeeded by some of the new admins, bit that learning curve is also being addressed by them.
  3. Papabravo

Feb 24, 2006
    I don't see any real impediments to continuing to do what I do:
    1. Read posts
    2. Write replies
    I can conveniently ignore everything else including the day glow orange theme, the articles, the projects, and the advertising.
    debe, wayneh, cmartinez and 4 others like this.
  4. ericgibbs

Jan 29, 2010
    #12 and Alec_t like this.
  5. Dr.killjoy

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2013
    I know people come and go like normal but alot the people that help make this forum great and have helped so many people out including me too ..Have just packed up and left and most likely not coming back .. I think alot of the issues have come out and I believe they should kept between them selves instead of getting forum involved which only adds drama and issues for both parties ..I just guess I am scared my second home will disappear and I won't be able to come here for help cause the majority of people who help out left the forum and will be replaced with waste of space of people to drag the forum down the rabbit whole and not help anyone which is why we are all here ..I can't speak for everyone but you guys are my only family that understands electronics and I can talk too and get help and also try to help everyone else out..

Nov 30, 2010
    Chill, grasshopper. Try to develop a longer time constant. The senior posters have found how to continue with almost no interference from the "improvements". I'll bet the ones who left had a list of reasons waiting for a tipping point. I took a month off because of burn-out. I wasn't sure I'd be back when I started that sabbatical. I'm back because I feel better now, not because of how the orangeness looks. As long as the Mods stay sane, I don't think I'll have a problem with the site.
    wayneh, cmartinez, JoeJester and 8 others like this.
  7. Robin Mitchell

Oct 25, 2009
    If ads are such an issue then go for adblock.
    If the layout is an issue (as for me), just change it in the preferences!

I have done both of the above and it is like as if the forum never changed :)! If people leave that is their choice but I am happy to stay on these forums. Maybe one day I could actually provide answers for others but even till this day I spend most of my time learning from what others have said.

Stick with it! Im sure things will make a turn for the better...
    #12 likes this.
  8. Hypatia's Protege

Distinguished Member

Mar 1, 2015
    I, for one, am confident that the articles and projects are bound for better days!:) --- The staff are making an extraordinary effort to involve membership to said end - on both the feedback and content provision 'fronts':D

cmartinez, Georacer and #12 like this.
  9. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007