1. jprisher

Thread Starter New Member

Dec 28, 2012
    Hi, I am experimenting with hydrogen fuel and I am wanting to boost 12 vdc so I can produce as much hydrogen as I can. On another thought I am hoping someone could tell me what kind of voltage is at the magnetron in a micro wave oven. I have a few micro waves lying around and was thinking what could I do with them, parts wise. I wanted to try high freq. voltage dc if any way possible. Any way I would appreciate any in put. Thanks John.
  2. thatoneguy

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2009
    DC doesn't have a frequency.

Electrolysis speed is a combination of both voltage and current, so 12V at 30 Amps would produce more hydrogen and oxygen than 100V @ 1mA
  3. gootee

Apr 24, 2007
    Technically, DC is a single polarity, but not necessarily constant. So a DC waveform can have frequencies, just like an AC waveform.

Hydrogen, and the voltages in microwave ovens, are both extremely dangerous. Please be extremely careful!
  4. Georacer

Nov 25, 2009

You may be confused by the DC and AC coupling options on oscilloscopes. These aren't the same as DC and AC voltage reading. DC voltage has always a single value and stable polarity. Any fluctuating voltage is considered AC and is made up from various frequency components (see Fourier analysis) and possibly from a DC component (average value).
  5. russ_hensel

Jan 11, 2009
    Chemical action is proportional to the current ( voltage matters mostly as it drives the current ). Early definitions of charge ( and thru that current ) were based on chemical definitions.