DC RLC Parallel and Series Circuits

oachalon

Joined Nov 9, 2004
Alright I have a test friday which mostly covers RLC Parallel and Series circuits. I we dont use that great of a book and my teacher basically doesnt teach so I have to do everything from the book. The book doesnt really go over this section in detail so I was wondering if anyone has a website or could show me something that can help me out. By showing me the steps figuring out the currents and voltages before and after switch is on or off. Also with examples. If anyone has a website that shows this to me and is clear that would help me a lot. I know how to do differential equations so thats not the problem. The problem is finding the first values like I(0-) I(0+) stuff like that.

Perion

Joined Oct 12, 2004
Originally posted by oachalon@Nov 9 2004, 07:19 PM
Alright I have a test friday which mostly covers RLC Parallel and Series circuits. I we dont use that great of a book and my teacher basically doesnt teach so I have to do everything from the book. The book doesnt really go over this section in detail so I was wondering if anyone has a website or could show me something that can help me out. By showing me the steps figuring out the currents and voltages before and after switch is on or off. Also with examples. If anyone has a website that shows this to me and is clear that would help me a lot. I know how to do differential equations so thats not the problem. The problem is finding the first values like I(0-) I(0+) stuff like that.
[post=3490]Quoted post[/post]​
It's hard to find decent explanations and worked examples on the www. This pdf is more informative than most for transient response calculations:
Transient Response

Perion