DC Motor operation at variable voltages wiring Question

geekknot

Joined Aug 5, 2016
As always thanks in advance for advice. Simple project and I think I have worked it out with info from the forum. However, want to be sure and I am learning that DC can have a "works" and "best" practices methods or achieve better results method of wiring.
My circuit operates a motor that will function from 3.5V-14V+........I have a programmable circuit board 'remote' (key FOB) switch, that drops out at 9v and functions up to 14v. So, I feed it with a long life rechargeable. I will operate the motor on a 12v rechargeable (cell pack) and vary how much voltage it receives through a DC variable 'voltage regulator' (317) with LCD display,(display needs 3v to operate properly). (Ebay, china and you tube)
Looking to understand wiring configuration for best results--and If you lined these components up L-R, what happens first and last (last is motor) duh. My sketch diagrams always leave me wondering what to do with a leftover ground. A fuse, seems prudent as well. I know there are easier and better ways to lay this out; and now that I have all the parts, I don't want to burn anything up or drain a battery prematurely. It is frustrating to be creative with stuff you are not familiar with and melting circuits stink. These little projects are helping me learn about more expensive circuit boards, my electric meter and thought process. thanks again for help and a doodle schematic would help the visual learner.

ci139

Joined Jul 11, 2016
how many switches (# of CH-s) you can control with the 9...12V remote (the link to src.((sales-site/-item)) will also do)
same for display (is it digital voltmeter module with LCD ? the power requirement)
317 (i have seen only dead such - though it simulates good) try some of these (they likely can be wired for higher voltage output - must be checked . . .)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
IMO it is up to you to provide a sketch or a simple drawing of what you want to achieve and details of the components.
Otherwise it is pure guess work.
Max.