dc drive

perfection

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Dear guys we have a single quadrant dc drive for a 1250 hp motor I want to know the relationship between the rms current appears on motor armatur( i.e measured from a clamp meter) and the current passing through individual SCRs?

GopherT

Joined Nov 23, 2012
When you are dealing with equipment using that much power, there is significant chance of injury or damage if something is done wrong. Therefore, an Internet forum is not where you want to request advice.

Please hire a qualified professional. I am sure the motor's manufacturer can recommend someone in your area.

GetDeviceInfo

Joined Jun 7, 2009
Dear guys we have a single quadrant dc drive for a 1250 hp motor I want to know the relationship between the rms current appears on motor armatur( i.e measured from a clamp meter) and the current passing through individual SCRs?
it would be a ratio of the number of paralleled elements. RossHill?,

perfection

Joined Oct 25, 2011
Dear sir everything is fine and we have professionals working here but still I wanted to know about the current passing through each SCR as the drive has total six scrs so it seems the averrage current passing through each scr would be around 1/3 of the armature current kindly confirm or advice.
regards