DC-DC converters need help with pinout or datasheet

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
I got a large computer network storage system to do with what i want.
A few of the things appear to have some issue so i'm parting them out first.

The one board has it appears 4 DC-DC converters i have identified 1 of the 4 modules. Googling the numbers i see i get nothing of help other than things like alibiba selling them.

1. Small shallow square metal box, labeled: HS12-01D12, DC-DC converter, Input +12V Output +1.5V 9A, KH48c0,made in japan, (some logo i can't make out the brand of looks like a circle with TRI, IRI,TRT I know middle one is R the circle interferes with the other 2 letters.)

2. Looks exactly like #1 including logo. labeled: HS12-02D12, DC-DC converter, input +12V, output +1.25V 10A, KK48C0, made in japan

3. This could be some custom thing, as is on PCB with no brand or anything, but other one i identified is also a PCB unit. but appears to be another DC-DC converter. RL035 rev-0

The one i identified i found using qm48t40033 appears to be power one brand 30-40V in 3.3V out converter.

I'd like to reuse these things for something, but most have more pins than most converters i've seen. The metal ones have 4 large pins, and 10 smaller pins. The board one has like 5, but many are linked to large traces so be around 25 pin used.

Thought somebody maybe has seen these if not i'll just try and see if i can figure out from looking at setup. If it helps the device is from around 2004 so 03-04 would probably been mfg date for most the stuff.

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
The picture on the far right is the one i was able to identify, the other 3 i'm still not sure. I don't even know for sure the 2nd to the right is actually a DC-DC converter from size of traces and seeing an inductor i think it has to be something power related.
The other 2 in the metal cases are labeled, and the last one the data sheet i got identified it as a DC-DC converter.

Ramussons

Joined May 3, 2013
The power modules have been custom built for the PCB manufacturer and the chances of getting a schematic is highly unlikely.

The only way (considering the large number of pins) to put these to some use may be to trace the connections and reverse engineer the circuit. Not easy, may not be successful if its a multilayer board.

The last option is to write to the original PCB manufacturer and try to get some info on these modules - again unlikely.

Ramesh

electronis whiz

Joined Jul 29, 2010
That may well be the case too. The large vertical PCB i figured was, the other two seemed like an OEM part, but could be some custom thing they made for this app, and just labeled it somewhat like an OEM unit.

I tried powering up the board see if i could find the main pins. Didn't work, and even saying ti's a dc-dc converter my DMM would only read it on AC setting so somethings odd there. Either faulty, or it's not a true DC-DC converter like i'm used to.

THE_RB

Joined Feb 11, 2008
Looks like you clearly have big green fuzzblobs, with little silver and black fuzzblobs attached to them.

Maybe the fuzzblobs once had numbers on them, we just can't tell.

I think you need a new thread; "DC to DC converters need help working my damn camera". ;)