Dazer Circuit...Need help.

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Dave_K, Aug 14, 2008.

1. Dave_K

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 14, 2008
    Hey all. Right now I am trying to do a presentation for work to teach the other employees the System Vision 5.2 EE software, however I am having trouble with the circuit I am using for the demonstration. The circuit and the parts list are here: http://www.uoguelph.ca/~antoon/circ/hv/dazer/dazer.htm.

The only part I changed in the circuit is I created a node near the negative terminal of the battery and put a ground point there.

I am having two significant problems.

1. The voltage "doubler" part of the circuit is actually dividing my output of the transformer by two (for example..1200 becomes 600..then 300..then starts going negative) through each diode/capacitor pair instead of multiplying the voltage.

2. I can't figure out how to get the right specs for the transformer!
    Here is the datasheet for one of the transformers they recommend: http://www.mouser.com/catalog/specsheets/164278.pdf. It only gives impedance and resistance, but for the model in SPICE to work I need resistance and N turns or resistance, inductance, and K.

The website says I need about a 300 volts output from the transformer. If anybody could help I would appreciate it!

2. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    This is entirely a SPICE simulation, correct?

3. Dave_K

Aug 14, 2008
    Everything is SPICE besides the transformer, which is VHDL.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2008
  4. Dave_K

Aug 14, 2008
    up, please help guys

5. Wendy

Mar 24, 2008
    Can't help you with SPICE, my simulator is between my ears. Keep bumping the thread up is all I can suggest. Why do you need a SPICE to demo this circuit, if I might ask.

6. thingmaker3

Retired Moderator

May 16, 2005
    As I understand it, he's not using the software to demonstrate the dazer, he's using the dazer to demonstrate the software.

7. Ron H

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 14, 2005
    Are you probing the output differentially, i.e., across the electrodes?

8. SgtWookie

Expert

Jul 17, 2007
    Rather than trying to model a random circuit found on the Internet for which you don't have/can't acquire complete documentation, and the actual construction of said circuit could result in dire negative legal repercussions ... and how are you going to demonstrate that your SPICE simulation is valid without actually building this probably illegal, possibly dangerous device?

Why not simulate a circuit that's a bit more mundane, but for which each part DOES have complete documentation, and without the possibility of negative legal repercussions or safety issues if the circuit were actually built?