Datasheet of STR G5643D

david_augustin

Joined Jan 7, 2010
Can anyone get me Datasheet of STR G5643D or power circuit designed with this IC?.I need it to repair Compaq MV7540e monitor.If anyone has the schematics of this monitor kindly send me.

Thanks
DAVID

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
Allegro Microsemi has a number of parts (voltage regulators) with the STR- prefix. From what I understand, they're made by Sanken of Japan.

I think what you'll find is the regulator in question is a proprietary design for Compaq, and Allegro won't give you a datasheet for it. Compaq does this to make their designs harder to reverse-engineer, but it sure is a pain when you're trying to fix stuff you paid for.

VoodooMojo

Joined Nov 28, 2009
I tried the Sanken site but no success in aquiring the datasheet.
I left an inquiry request for it. I wonder if I will get it.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I think you'd need to inquire on the Allegro Microsemi site. Sanken had no listings for any STR- part numbers, while Allegro Microsemi does.

david_augustin

Joined Jan 7, 2010
The photo by voodomojo is the right one. The owner's Manual will not do any good for me.I need the schematics for this Compaq MV7540 Monitor.

marshallf3

Joined Jul 26, 2010
I'd almost bet it's a 5V regulator with external feedback pins and yes, it was made by Sanken. A bit away from what they usually make but I'd drop them a line and go through all the BS until you can actually talk to an engineer is willing to talk about it and pull up old documentation.

After I looked at that last link I guess I was correct and that part should be perfect.
http://parts.usbid.com/STRG5643D.html

The problem with oddball ICs is that most of the few places that have them don't want to ship in a qty of one unless you can talk them into sampling one to you. Quite honestly, if you've got a schematic, a common 3 pin will do the same job. You also need to figure out why it blew up in the first place.

I've got a boatload of http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/KA/KA278RA05C.html which are very similar and be glad to ship you one for simply the postage. One less pin but essentially the same device.

Last edited: