Datasheet for ICs

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by smsarmad, Aug 3, 2010.

1. smsarmad

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 30, 2010
    There are two ICs in a Toy Car's Remote Control (Receiver) which I couldn't figure out what exactly they are. These are

1. LG9110 CD52
    2. LG9120 CD28

Both are 8-pin ICs. Can anybody please tell me what these ICs actually are and where can I find there datasheets?

2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    You might not find datasheets for the cheap Chinese ICs used in cheap toys.

3. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    Ah, kind and gentle as ever, AG.

Those IC's are made under contract. They do not have to meet any industry standard, and so are not likely to show up with a search.

smsarmad likes this.
  4. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    They seem to show up in Chinese, if you dig deep enough you might get lucky.

5. eblc1388

Nov 28, 2008
    The search for LG9110 ends up with L9110, which I screen copied and edited below. The chinese site don't even allow user to save a datasheet.

There is no hits for LG9120.

[​IMG]

smsarmad likes this.
  6. marshallf3

Jul 26, 2010
    Looks like a simple bridge motor driver IC to me, drill down through the menu system at http://www.mouser.com and you'll probably find an equivalent US part.

smsarmad likes this.
  7. gootee

Apr 24, 2007
    I am curious. What is the make and model of the RC toy car, or those of the transmitter and receiver? Are there any part numbers on the circuit boards? What frequency do they operate on? What is their range? Do you have any photos of the electronics that you could post? And in what nation were they purchased?

8. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    There are many cheap toy cars made in many countries. Their radio controls are as cheaply made as is possible. A toy manufacturer buys thousands of ICs from an unknown IC manufacturer down the street who does not sell to anybody except toy manufacturers. No part numbers. The radio controls are simply on and off. They are not digital proportional like real RC models use.

My RC model airplanes use digital proportional motor speed control, ailerons, rudder and elevator. They automatically select a vacant 2.4GHz channel. Their range is so far that the airplane is a speck in the sky.