Data communication project

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by dhammikai, Nov 26, 2009.

1. dhammikai

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Hi, I got a project of Data communication as follows

this is is the Background of the project
    Background:

An organization is planning to deploy a service oriented fault tolerant network for a new office complex where space could be rented by any organization on a long term lease. The office complex consists of 3, 5-storey buildings. One of the buildings will house the Network Operation Center. The host organization plans to provide a minimum of two high bandwidth links through two different providers to Internet to ensure maximum availability of Internet to its prospective customers.
    Consider the following features of the network.

• The network must be service oriented. i.e. tenants can require different types of network services and they have to be provided without affecting other tenants.
    • Maximum availability of the network.
    • Cost is of utmost importance and cost effective design will be a key criterion.
    • The network, given its expected customer base, will carry different types of traffic such as data, video, voice.
    • Each floor could be divided up to a maximum of 4 sections. Different tenants can occupy each section.
    • It is possible for a tenant to lease more than one section of a floor or even lease a whole floor or multiple floors.
    • A section, if used as an office, can accommodate a maximum of 30 people.

and this the Goals of the project. This is the what I need to do..

Requirements:

Your company has been given the task of designing and managing this network. Prepare a report outlining the design of the network that includes the following:

• Possible topologies
    • Technologies that can be used to isolate different tenants who will be occupying different parts of the buildings.
    • Type of active equipments to be used.
    • Routing mechanisms
    • Failover time – This refers to the effect of failure of a link or node. The network should be able to automatically recover from a failure in the minimum possible time.
    • IP address plan assuming full occupancy of the building with maximum number of tenants. Use an appropriate syntax for identifying each section of the building. Use CIDR notation for specifying the network address for each section, for each building and for the whole network.
    Please give me the idea for network plan for this project

Thanls :)

2. beenthere

Retired Moderator

Apr 20, 2004
    What ideas have you about some of the basic features? Have you tried to map the network into the building? Wired or RF?

3. dhammikai

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 12, 2009
    Hi:) thanks for the reply, So I need to get an idea about what tologies need to use her (like ring, switch) and some thing form OSI.
    and then need to attept the issues like about check traffic in each floor, what type of routers, switches, cables need to use for networking..
    then need to attempt IP addressing plan by using the CIDR format (Class C) with considering the each floor of the building.

4. hassan20

May 3, 2016
    please i need to help me with this project, if you answer it. thanks

Samah Abdo likes this.
  5. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    You need help (which you seem to define as someone else doing all the work and just handing you a solution) on someone else's more than six year old project?

6. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    You need the presents of a consultant.

7. hassan20

May 3, 2016
    i need solution for the , this old project because my college give project same with this one

8. WBahn

Mar 31, 2012
    And, of course, you don't want to be bothered with making any kind of an attempt to work it yourself.

9. KeepItSimpleStupid

Mar 4, 2014
    it sounds like school work. Just my feeling.

10. hassan20

May 3, 2016
    you know what i dont have any idea about, that s reason i ask someone who done with it to post it on this site@dhammikai,beenthere,wbahn,BR-549,keepltslmle stupid

11. BR-549

Sep 22, 2013
    We help people understand electronic circuits and principles.

We don't do engineering projects.

You need an in person, experienced project manager.

A good one does not come cheap.

Good luck, and may you have good fortune.

12. pebe

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 11, 2004
    Someone at your college who set you the task must have felt you had the necessary experience to complete it.
    So sit down and think it through. No-one is going to do it for you - or should be expected to!

13. hassan20

May 3, 2016
    okay

14. KeepItSimpleStupid

Mar 4, 2014
    This probably should be in HOMEWORK where it could be discussed properly. The tone of the post suggested a homework assignement.

There was no mention of POE, but that seems a given for Internet phones. A lot comes down to researching available switches. Bandwidth wasn't even specified. There are a lot of open ends and seemingly maximum flexibility. It would also seem that VLANs and VLAN trunking would be necessary to aggregate groups but keep them separate. You also need quality of service.

What happens if there are workgroups and servers for different workgroups?

You have the "floor design" to take care of and a backbone of some sort.

Failover at "what level"? Individual locations, floor or internet? What about supporting VPS to other offices not on the campus. Wireless?
    Guest access?

Management? Database management? Fixed IP's DHCP IP's.

It's a mess. "designing" is probably not the word to use. "presenting" might be. e.g Present multiple designs that would likely work and note the limitations. This is where "the boss" gets to choose based on your input.

If the boss makes the wrong decision base don your recommendation, there is no shirt off your back.

Real life design, sort of, goes that way.

What about VPN's for office workers to access the network form home?

You can;t cover everything but what you can do is ANTICIPATE the needs and be able to accommodate them. If a port goes bad, you can move the port. Some switches have failover mechanisms.

Where do you need a L1,L2 or L3 switch. Is IPTV in the cards? How about HDMI distribution? Conference rooms?

What about TV's used for evacuation purposes or conference rooms? Remote controls?

You have to generally stop somewhere.

IP camera's. Facility or tenant?

15. Samah Abdo

May 11, 2016

16. hassan20

May 3, 2016
    i have no ideal about it yet