Damaged Oscilloscope TEK2340A

abuhafss

Joined Aug 17, 2010
Hi

I acquired a damaged oscilloscope TEK2340A from a friend. It is assumed that it was powered on at 220V with setting at 110V. Now, when it is powered on, only the power LED is illuminated and that's all. In my country, we don't have service center for Tektronics and also qualified persons to repair oscilloscopes are rare.

I opened the unit and found some of the components on the boards are burnt. They might be a lot of them. Those burnt parts could be identified using schematics but there is no assurance that the unit will get alive after replacing them. So what should I do? Just salvage the parts :confused:?

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
The first thing I recommend is take photos of the damaged board and post them here.
Next, find the service manual or at least the schematics.
There is always the possibility that you might be able to get the scope working again.
What is the AC mains voltage where you live?

abuhafss

Joined Aug 17, 2010
The first thing I recommend is take photos of the damaged board and post them here.
Next, find the service manual or at least the schematics.
There is always the possibility that you might be able to get the scope working again.
What is the AC mains voltage where you live?
Hmm, that has just refreshed my hopes to see the scope working. I'll try to get some photos soon.
We have 220V/50Hz here.