DAC to 110V

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by ingeeg, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ingeeg

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    I have a DAC with the output of 1-5 V, how can I convert it to have 1-110v. what methods can be used.

Thank You

2. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Is that 1-110V DC? How much current and/or power?

3. ingeeg

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 13, 2012
    actually it's a DC. Simply I want to control the amplitude of the outlet on the wall digitally with micro controller.Further I will use it as to dim the light. Looking for the solutions

thank you

4. ScottWang

Aug 23, 2012
    This is the idea to be your refernce.

DAC (1~5Vdc) → E amp using Op Amp(Vo≦36Vdc↓,Vcc≦40V) → Transistor(Push-Pull Output) 110Vdc.

The Vcc and GND of the transistor, must be higher than 110Vdc + (1.1V*2).

5. vk6zgo

Jul 21, 2012
    Do you mean to control the voltage appearing at a wall power socket of the same kind as normally used for the AC mains?

I would suggest you use a completely different type of outlet,as someone other than yourself may connect some appliance which either draws more current than your proposed device can supply,or which uses a transformer.
    In each case,it will mean destruction for your device,& maybe the appliance as well.

In some administrations,it may be illegal to connect 110V DC to a standard wall socket.

6. t06afre

AAC Fanatic!

May 11, 2009
    Purchase a light dimmer. They work fine with light bulbs, at least. From your original suggestion on how to solve this. I can see that you lack some experience in order to do this. And it is also not legal to connect such home-brew equipment to the mains. The reason, it is highly unsafe.