Custom Phone Case Production

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by airplane100000, Sep 1, 2016.

1. airplane100000

Thread Starter Member

Aug 2, 2016
    I will soon be in need of a custom phone case design, which will house a PCB beneath the phone.
    That is, it will have some space between the phone and the case where a circuit board is placed.
    Is anybody familiar with any potential manufacturer which could produce a cheap phone case (or a variant of an existing case) to these parameters?
    If I find one that's suitable a mass procurement may be involved...

2. OBW0549

Mar 2, 2015
    If you Google "electronic enclosures" a whole bunch of manufacturers come up-- Serpac, Bud, OKW, PacTec, Hammond, Polycase and many, many more. I've only dealt with PacTec for custom work, but I think many of the others do custom enclosures, too.

3. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    I've bought their enclosures too ... they ain't cheap, but they're good quality

4. airplane100000

Thread Starter Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Thanks for the tip, I looked briefly at the results and I'm not sure that these enclosures are suitable.
    What I need is a literal cellphone case, similar to any case that one has on his smartphone for protection.
    Only I need space to install a PCB in said case.
    This is for a commercial product, so I would need to procure these cases in large number for a low price.

5. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    One place only: China

6. airplane100000

Thread Starter Member

Aug 2, 2016
    Well that's pretty much a given. Looking for specifics...

7. cmartinez

AAC Fanatic!

Jan 17, 2007
    You're right, sorry for my succinct answer.

The only person that knows the specifics of what you want is yourself. Therefore, I suggest you do a search in www.alibaba.com. I'm pretty sure you can pick it up from there.

8. Alec_t

AAC Fanatic!

Sep 17, 2013
    Perhaps mock one up first with a 3D printer? I expect that would be the cheapest way of getting the design optimised before committing to a bulk order. Surely even Chinese suppliers would demand a big minimum order quantity to justify making moulds etc?

ronv and cmartinez like this.