custom motorcycle lighting

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by tcflame, Sep 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tcflame

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 6, 2013
    Hello everybody,

I would like to do a project on my motorcycle with led's. I would like to add to my running, turn signal and brake lights.

I want to use individual led's in 2 different sections on the bike (one right side and one left). I am looking to take these panels, drill holes and push them through for a clean look. Wanting to use around 20 to 25 on each side.

So, they will be lit all the time as running lights dimly to match the rest of the running lights, they will light fully with brake light, they will flash with the turn signals even when the brake is on as any other bulb would that does double duty as turn/brake lamp.

hears the kicker. If possible i would like them to illuminate sequentially with the brake light but when the turn signal in in use to light as a group at the same time. however if this will require lots of components needing lots of space then it would be difficult to find a location for it. but if it can be done in a more compact size then i might be ok.

my background does not include intricate electronics but i did spend 30 years in the automotive service field (out for the past 6). I can take direction and have a little electronics knowledge and like to learn new things and with some help and simple terminology I think I would be ok. UNLESS, the consensus is that this is not feasible.

that being the case I would digress to non sequential - just lighting as a group.

Thank you all very much in advance for any input you may have.

2. djsfantasi

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 11, 2010
    I suggest you start by reading the sites Term of Service. A link to them can be found on any page. Particularly pay attention to the prohibition of automotive ( and motorcycle ) posts. Please do not be surprised when a moderator closes this thread. Also please understand why. If he's nice, he may suggest alternative sources of information for you.
  3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Welcome to All About Circuits.

Too bad this site forbids any discussion on modifications to automotive electrical and electronic systems. That would include motorcycles.

There are other sites that would be happy to entertain your ideas.
  4. tcflame

Thread Starter New Member

Sep 6, 2013
    missed the fine print. Thanks
  5. bertus

Apr 5, 2008

I am closing this thread as it violates AAC policy and/or safety issues.

6. Restricted topics.

The following topics are regularly raised however are considered “off-topic” at all times and will results in Your thread being closed without question:

• Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    • Automotive modifications
    • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    • LEDs to mains
    • Phone jammers
    • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    • Transformer-less power supplies
    This comes from our Tos:
    Terms of Service
    There will be enough sites where automotive questions can be discussed :
    Member selected automotive forums

Thread Status: