Custom Game Controller

thekidinbuff

Joined Jul 16, 2013
Im looking to design and build my own PC steering wheel. Basically all i want it to do is to be able to turn the wheel in the game, the gas and brake, and some buttons. I know id use pots and go from analog and to digital i think? :confused: it would go to USB so id use HID, right? Ive researched... im just not 100% sure. How would i take the inputs from the pots to what?.. then that would have to go to digital.. then to usb?.. Im ready to give up lol :(

Thanks in Advance,
Dalton

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
Im looking to design and build my own PC steering wheel. Basically all i want it to do is to be able to turn the wheel in the game, the gas and brake, and some buttons. I know id use pots and go from analog and to digital i think? :confused: it would go to USB so id use HID, right? Ive researched... im just not 100% sure. How would i take the inputs from the pots to what?.. then that would have to go to digital.. then to usb?.. Im ready to give up lol :(

Thanks in Advance,
Dalton
Have you tried searching google ???
Most people are not going to build something for you ,instead try to build something from doing research and learning and then post back up here for any problems or help..

thekidinbuff

Joined Jul 16, 2013
I did.......... not many people have done it.. I have researched alot. I wasnt sure what was the best road to take. No need to be an asshole lol. :p

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
I wasnt sure what was the best road to take.
This is to me a clear buy versus make decision. Why build something that you can buy cheaply?

But that's ME. The best road depends on where YOU want to go. If you just want the end product, buy it. Making your own will take a lot of work and cost more overall.

If you want to learn how one works, buy one and take it apart.

If you want to build one, do some research and develop a strategy for the various hurdles. (I don't think they use pots these days.) Post your various strategies and see if anyone here has a better idea for you.

Dr.killjoy

Joined Apr 28, 2013
I did.......... not many people have done it.. I have researched alot. I wasnt sure what was the best road to take. No need to be an asshole lol. :p
I wasn't really but now I am ....
I am not sure what you where looking up but there are thousand of people doing this and all I had to do was google " build my own PC steering wheel"...