Curtis hot water schematic

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by heatmaker, Jan 26, 2015.

1. heatmaker

Thread Starter New Member

Apr 3, 2014
    Looking to build a unit like the commercial Curtis coffee/tea maker. It heats up to 210°. I have been unsuccessful in finding a circuit to build. Haven't been able to find a circuit on the Internet.
  2. pwdixon

Oct 11, 2012
    Had a look at the kind of product you are talking about, pretty much a hot water tank with a mains heater and a solid state relay plus temperature probe, everything else is then either safety or water processing I guess. I did look at the Curtis website and they do provide a maintenance manual which includes schematics so you have somewhere to start but obviously out and out copying should be avoided for legal reasons. They obviously don't go into details of their control units but that's where you have to invent something of your own. Of course you will need to be highly concerned about safety as this is a mains driven product with water involved and even ignoring the electrical possibilities for injury there's always the potential for hot water/pressure problems that could do you damage. At this point I imagine a moderator will kill off this thread based on danger and possible legal issues.
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2015
  3. wayneh

Sep 9, 2010
    You should define more precisely what you want to do. So far it sounds like a non-pressurized hot water heater, maybe a gallon or two in volume, with thermostatic control. That's pretty simple.

An obvious question is why do you want to build something you can just go buy?