Current state of medical conditions in FL

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by maxpower097, Jul 10, 2012.

1. maxpower097

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2009
    Ok as I've posted the DEa IS cracking down on the pill mills and crap the past 2 years. We've put in a tracking database, etc... 4 months ago all CVS's lost their license to dispense controlled substances, As of this month now its Walgreens and half the walgreens have lost their license now. So to fix the problem thats already fixed last year, the DEA's answer is to just choke off the supply so no one but drug dealers can afford the meds. I thought this was just a FL thing but asked my friends in GA and KY and they say its the same there. The direct effect of cutting off supply for meds doctors prescribe is your blowing up the heroine market. We had a really bad smack problem in 94-98. Then was fixed and never heard of it again, well now its roaring back. A 10 fold increase in 7 months. I really have to wonder if the cartels are lobbying to get this done. When you have people ion real chronic long term pain you have few options and if you can get your medication legally from a pharmacy even though you have a script thats taking a normal legit person and turning them into a smackhead/Dealer. How is it in other places in the US? Remeber this is for controlled substances and thats it. Antibiotics and anything you don't need a dea number with your fine. I'd love to hear how it is where everyone lives. Might help determine where I'm moving. Preferably somewhere with MM legal.

2. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Why not move to another country? The less "advanced" countries don't have this problem, nor do they have the problem of pharmaceutical & medical institutions blatantly raping the public. Consider the Philippines.

3. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    When I was writing about the 10 day hospice,and morphine drip no one

wanted to listen. Families are starting to buy this stuff,when a doctor

and a attorney sits down and tell you are Improving. They are there to

sign your death certificate in so many words. You only have days not weeks.

Hospice staff want to keep there positions,so not a word is said.

Maybe people are dying in pain according Max,there nurses take there

medicine for them or sell it. Dieing in pain,what a state of affairs.

Your loveones with no voice,Max has passion for the unheard.

What about that visiting nurse,they will fill out there last right.

There mail in ballot for more of the same. Max says wake up

before more are put to sleep,dogs get better care.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
    strantor and maxpower097 like this.
  4. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Mexco or out west is what I'm planning. Talked to walgreens corporate today and was told you can't file a complaint against any pharmacy because of a controlled substance. Said that they were free and clear to yell at you and throw you out. Tear up your scripts. Lie to you. And basically do whatever they feel like doing. Thankfully I went all over the city today and found a couple nice pharmacists that were out but actually checked their stock, and even told me their stock on other meds to get changed to.

5. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    This just happened to my step monther, she went into hospice last monday and they told her she had to leave she wasn't ready yet. She was in incredible pain. We were supposed to pick he back up to go home on Wed but by the time we got their she had had a stroke and lost conciousness. It was sad she was out and couldn't talk or move but when they would roller her she'd cry out in pain. Fri night at 1:30am she passed away from respritory failure. This state has gotten so far out of whack its insane. I'm terrified I'm gonna get hurt and need more medication. Because if you have 2 different scripts they tear one up.

6. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I've long suspected that, apart from the blatant collusion between doctors and pharma (pharma pays doctors to prescribe their meds) that there is also a collusion between doctors and insurance. I suspect that the outrageous amounts of money charged by doctors and billed to insurance are not actually paid by the insurance company. In fact, I suspect the insurance companies may give doctors a kickback for charging so much, on purpose. This is good for the insurance companies. It makes people feel (rightly so) that they need insurance; they must have it, or perish. They form alliances, cliques, which they refer to casually as "networks" - "you'l save a lot of money if you go to a doctor that is 'in network" = "Hey, go to this doctor; we already have a blood pact with him, whereby he writes insanely inflated numbers on the balance sheet, we give him 1/10th of that, and then we play golf together".

My sister just had an experience that makes me even more suspicious of this. She is pregnant and wants to have her baby "au naturale" at a "birthing center" instead of a hospital. She submitted a request to the insurance company to let her have the baby there and they denied it. she submitted an appeal in which she totaled up the costs of having the baby at the hospital and at the birthing center. The birthing center was 1/4 the cost of the hospital. They still denied it. Why would they deny it? Wouldn't they jump at the chance to save 75% on what they have to pay out? The logical explanation I can come up with is that the 25% they would have to actually pay the birthing center is more than what they actually pay to the "in network" doctor/hospital.

7. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Your right Strantor. 2 people go into a hospital for the same procedure, one has insurance, the other doesn't. The non insured person will pay 10,000 the insurance company will pay 2,000 for the same thing because they buy in bulk. Healthcare should be free across the board, get sick, goto doctor, get treatment, issue bill to feds. Then pay for it with a health tax of 4% on everyone pay check. Even that 4% is gonna be way less then their insurance payments .

8. loosewire

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 25, 2008
    I posted a site that you could enter your zip code and find a place for free

health and dental care. The only set back is the gate keepers of the service.

People that don't want to follow the law and stall you around if you know what

I mean.

9. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Ok I found out whats going on. Gov Voltimore(Rick Scott) a hardliner Republican that bought his way into office by spending 80 million of his own money vs his competitors who spend 6 million. Anyways with the election coming up their cutting off all controlled substance medications to chain pharmacys to force the poor and injured to leave the state so they won't have time to re-register to vote in their new state. I talked to many pharmacists who said they can't even get tylenol 3's, vicoden, percoset, morphine, morphine er, oxycodone, etc... ALL MEDICATIONS HAVE BEEN PULLED. The only way to get your prescription is to goto the drug dealer pharmacies who charge a 1000% mark up. Meaning at WG your script cost $100, at one of these pharmacies the same script will cost $1100. Even hospitals are having to buy their cancer drugs on the black market. According to the pharmacist its to get the poor people that are dissabled out of the state so the Republicans can take the state and he might have a slim chance of getting re-elected. Don't wanna talk about politics but I had to post this since I was just at a pharmacy and a 80 year old lady was in tears saying she can't get her medication and can't live with out it. Luckly I'm not in as bad of shape with out my meds I can still function I just have to use a wheelchair and am in pain all the time.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I stopped by Wag's last night and "consulted with my pharmacist". The lady on duty denied everything you said.
    2 weeks ago, I bought morphine and percoset at that same Wag's (for a relative).

These are only facts. Draw whatever conclusions you want.

11. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    1st of where do you live? This is effecting the SE no where else. I know the same is going on in GA. 2nd the pharmacist are allowed to lie and do anything they want when it comes to controlled substances. I filled my hydrocodine but thats it. One pharmacist gave me 14 Morph ER's because thats all he had and said they were on back order for 2 months. Location has a lot to do with it. Did you tell here this was happening in FL? If not tell her and she'll say "Oh , he's right."
    But in reality a google search will tell you everything you need to know.
    https://www.google.com/webhp?source....,cf.osb&fp=d7a50cc02f3c90da&biw=1536&bih=754
    read the search term and the first listing. Notice the search says nothing about FL yet listing on had FLORIDA in bold print. Actually don't worry about the first listing there all about FL

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  12. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    Also its only the C2's that are getting banned and not ordered. The C3's are still coming in but you have 200,000 patients fighting for 10,000 patients worth of medicine. So all the C2 patients are getting loaded down with C3's like Percosets and such. So the percosets and hydrocodine are dissapearing because all the morphine and oxy people are having to get them instead. And say you get 150 oxy 30mg's a month. Thats gonna = 450 pecosets. Long term pain patients can't take acephetimine because it kills your liver so were not supposed to even take Vic's or Perc's. But were being forced too.

13. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    The first time I heard Rick Scott's name, I heard he was requiring drug testing for welfare. I was on board with that, so I was expecting to hear more favorable things about him. Never did. All I heard so far is bad news. If your conspiracy theory is correct, that would (or should) be treason against the American people.

#12 likes this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I live about a mile north of St. Petersburg's northern limit.
    I had a long, friendly conversation with the lying sack of....
    Percocet comes in 2.5, 5, 7.5, and 10 mg sizes. (according to Rxlist.com)
    I think they are C2.

15. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    No vicoden, lorotab, and pecoset are C3's. BUT!! Currently they are trying to make them C2's. I got more info on whats happening from more pharmies. WG's dist's are under investigation by the DEA so WG is haveing to scam any scripts they can get from other dist's. which is causing the immediate shortage. Also numberous have told me the morph 30mg ER's have been on back order for months. (Thats not saying you don't luck out everynow and again.) I've driven 350 miles from Gandy to Fletcher and been told no everywhere. Most pharmies were madder then me over the situation.One guy told me an old lady needed some codine cough syrup and he didn't even have that. Another huge problem is since the heavy users like myself get large scripts to work and can't get them. Were having to get insanely high scripts of percoset and vicoden. So with us getting 200 perc's and 200 vics, the lighter and mostly elderly patients that need them can't get them because their already taken by the heavy users. I'm trying my oxy script one more week then changing it to dilaudid and gonna try to fill it somewhere else. Its hard though because most pharmacies aren't accepting new patients. Next month I'm supposed to goto hydromorphine HCL -ER if I get approved for the mnf assistance program,which will charge me $20 a month for any ammount.If I don't get approved I'
    ll go on Morph - ER 100mg or 200mg's or possibly a fenynol patch depending on price. Then I'll get morphine - IR, oxy or dilaudid - ir for break thru pain. What sad is I'm in agony and horrible pain just from driving around trying to fill my meds. :) Thank god for clonopin , vicoden, and morph- ER or else I'd be dead and in the hospital.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  16. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    He wanted the drug testing because his wife owns the largest drug testing firm in FL. His claim to fame is dirty pill mills and pharmacies. He owned 35 pill mills in S Florida and Pharmacies before he got elected. Sold them when elected to show non bias, then fought our drug database tooth and nail till he got so much back lash he passed it,( And its working great, theres no pill mill problem in FL anymore, just a lack of meds for real patients.) Right now the pill mill capitals are Ohio,Kentucky, Tennesee, GA, etc... Were ranked number 14 and we should be 1 because of our geriatric population.

For instance 2 years ago you'd goto the pharmacy and there would be 10 kids 20 years old covered in tattoo's filling oxy scripts.Their car would say Kentucky or Indiana. Then they'd all leave in the same damn car. It was sad. Now most patients are 50 + with a small percentage of younger ones in our late 30's.

17. maxpower097

Feb 20, 2009
    12, after 8 days of searching and busting pharmie after pharmie lying I got the real story. Many of them are recieving small amounts of C2's but are holding them for their friends or select patients. (BTW this is against the law to do. They are not allowed to hold medication for anyone unless they have already accepted the script.) Also they are not allowed to tel you they are out if they have it. Most are still breaking the law and saying this but they are supposed to say they are not comfortable filling that script. After 8 days I finally found a friendly pharmie and he looked into the safe and said I can keep waiting, he's expecting the next shipment Fri or next week. But he did have Morph IR. So now I got Morphine IR (Which is one of the meds you said you filled. Seems like this is the only C2 not under total backorder.) Shockingly the M-IR does almost nothing for pain but makes me wanna sleep all day. On the plus side I will continue to get the M-IR because of how cheap it is. My oxy's cost $1.20 each, My Dilaudid cost 1.40. my vicoden cost 0.75. The morphine IR cost $0.19 each. So when your uncle or relative is getting ready to fill just keep plugging till you find something or have you doc change your meds. Its turned into a full war out on the Streets. I've also confirmed the problem as far north at NY on the East coast, though to a much lesser degree. There not having supply problems but they say the shady pill mils are popping up everywhere under the guise of weight loss centers. Here only pallitive care or pain mng doc's can prescribe C2's. Normal MD's and other doctors can't write them anymore, which is stupid. There even not filling anesteiologist scripts anymore.