current signal into voltage differential signal

frdlel49

Joined Mar 2, 2011
Hello all,

I work on this subject for too many time, and I don't find the final solution.

Here my subject:
I've got a sensor (www.NVE.com, AKL family) which deliver a logic current signal (4mA for low level, 8mA for high level). The goal is to transform this signal into a differential voltage signal, each output must be a (0-10V). So the differential signal will be (-10V/+10V) signal.

I've searched a solution from "current sense amplifier", to a "full differential comparator with integrated reference", etc...

Some solutions exist, but no-one with all my requirements.

These are my requirements:
Propagation delay: less than 1µs, and same delay between high-to-low and low-to-high
Temperature range : -55°C up to +150°C (or -55°C up to +125°C: Military temperature range)(or worst : -40°C up to +125°C: Automotive)
Package the smallest as possible (<SO8)(DFN6,etc...)
V supply up to 10V minimum.
If possible, integrated voltage reference (between 1V and 8V), or an external voltage reference.
Ouput Push pull or open-drain, with a output current of 50mA minimum (or the nearest)

MAX923 should be a solution, but I think that the SO8 package announced for the MIL temperature range should not be active.
LM161 has a too big package
LMP7300 is quite great, but it is a single comp in a SO8.... a double comp in a SO8 should be better...

In fact, a lot of package are available in a CERDIP8 package, which is too big for my available space on PCB.

If anyone had had the same problem, could you give me a way to find the right solution ?

I'm opened to any suggestion.

Regards,

David