Current measuring circuit 1A~2A

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by ajitnayak, Sep 22, 2014.

1. ajitnayak

Thread Starter Member

Feb 22, 2013
    Dear all.

I am trying to build current sensor module which can measure or sensor range 1~2A. Intially i tried with off shelf product ACS712 Module. But i found they are more distortion at output. Output are not stable. Inspite of building filter or by software i could not able to maintain accuracy to 1%.
    These model i already tried

My specification
    current sensing range :1~2A
    analog output: 0~5v Dc
    accuracy :1 %
    arduino Board for Programming.

Now i am planning to use above circuit for sensing. is anybody suggest me view of designing it. Is any other method i can more accurate analog output.
    For me more important accuracy and produce analog output.

I am planning to use below sensor with Lm393 amplification . I don't how to amplify the circuit here. Sheet/WCS2702.pdf
    all using
    i dont know why they using it??
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2014
  2. MrCarlos

Jan 2, 2010
    Hello ajitnayak

You are planning to use the Winson WCS2702 sensor, LM393, and the circuit in this link:

But you say: I don't how to amplify the circuit here.

Q: What is the circuit that You does not know how to amplify ?.

The components you plan to use seems to meet Your requirements of accuracy.
    What kind of help is what you asking?
  3. ajitnayak

Thread Starter Member

Feb 22, 2013
    My question is can use same circuit for amplify the output of WCS2702 IC. Is there any other IC avilable. I am not getting this IC locally .
  4. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    Your problem with the Sparkfun module is that you tried to use the entire 0-5V range of the AD input. Forget that, and use 0.5V as the zero current point, and 4.5V as the max current point. A little bit of additional code inside the Arduino can subract out the offset, and adjust the range...

Even rail-to-rail opamps have trouble getting their output all the way to 5V and 0V when powered with a single 5V supply.