current flow practical

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Zanac-X, Sep 10, 2012.

1. Zanac-X

Thread Starter Member

Dec 23, 2011
    hey guys :)

i was wondering if i have a 50V, 1A DC transformer and supplied the flowing loads in parallel : (60mA ,300 mA, 40mA ,120mA and 75mA) so im using only 595mA in total but where is the rest of the 1000mA going is it being recycled through the wire or would it burn my loads even with the limiter resistance installed ?

thanks very much

2. Audioguru

Dec 20, 2007
    My car is capable of going very fast but it doesn't most of the time.
    Your 1A power supply is capable of supplying up to 1A but it doesn't most of the time.

The remaining available current is simply not being used. It is not being recycled.

What is your power supply doing when it has NO load current? It is doing almost nothing.

Zanac-X likes this.
  3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    A transformer delivers AC current not DC.

But let us suppose you have a 50V 1A DC power adapter.

The 1A rating is the maximum current deliverable before nasty things happen, like loss of voltage, over heating and start of a fire.

If you take 595mA, that's what you get. The rest is the reserve headroom.

Zanac-X likes this.
  4. Zanac-X

Thread Starter Member

Dec 23, 2011
    im using i full wave rectifier with a ziner and a capacitor :)

but if i use a normal diode to have a half wave rectifier (simi-DC) this should work right ?...... and if it dose should there be side effects on the loads or the system

5. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Show your circuit and then we can tell for sure what you're up to.

6. Zanac-X

Thread Starter Member

Dec 23, 2011
    sorry its in paper right now because its my first project but if you are asking about the loads ,its wards made out of LEDs of different colors ..........simple i know but thats how one suppose to start right :rolleyes: