current booster

balasubramaniam

Joined Dec 22, 2008
Hello,
now i'm doing my home project solar mobile charger..
my normal mobile charger output 3-4v,500-600mA..i have one 4v solar panel,its output 4v,150mA.... the solar panel output voltage equal to my normal mobile charger, but current was very low... so i want boost my current, how can i boost(step up) solar pannel output current..

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
From a PM:
thanks for your idea sir,
ya u absolutely correct,the current will be added in parallel,voltage was same,but that is normal method,i want do some thing different, so give suggestion for using any circuit to step up the current....
Sorry, but I don't help people via PM, as for one thing it defeats the purpose of this Board, and besides I have to deal with a lot of PM's as it is now.

If you want to automatically track the maximum power point of your solar cell, here's an article for you:
http://www.edn.com/article/CA6619019.html?spacedesc=designideas&industryid=44217

leftyretro

Joined Nov 25, 2008
Yes, any circuit that would increase the current would decrease the voltage. Simply put power out has to equal power in minus efficiency losses. There is no free lunch is that regard. You must figure out away to get more input power.

Lefty