Current amp requirement

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by Scott McKie, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Scott McKie

Thread Starter New Member

May 26, 2013
    This is a request for design help in finishing a project based on using electronic resonance.
    Specifically I need to add between 50 and 100 mA current output to the existing 6mA output from a 122 vdc output voltage level created from a Cockroft-Walton voltage multiplier. The problem is that currently I believe that this additional current has to be sourced from the multiplier's 12 VDC input level.
    I am looking for any equivalent circuit, including transistor based "amp boosters" circuits which parallel solid state components such as the LM317 voltage regulator circuit. I currently believe this circuit will be able to source the required current from it's 12 vdc source and add it to the 122 vdc output.
    Please set aside any "prejudice" and see if your expertise can help accomplish this last hurtle in completing a long term project that has already broken many electronic "barriers".
    Thank you for your help.
    Scott McKie -- scotsman7@comcast.net

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    In crease the size of the capacitors by a factor of 106/6

There are certainly other ways to do this, but this is what I can do with what you gave me to work with.

3. wayneh

Expert

Sep 9, 2010
    Reducing the frequency by a factor of 10 would help, if that's practical.