crystal with 555

king40

Joined Jul 17, 2013
hi
i have a question
if anybody have information please help me
this is possible to add crystal for 555???
or how can increase 555 speed??????:rolleyes::cool:

LDC3

Joined Apr 27, 2013
voltage to frequency
with 555
Schematic:

this is work
but i think frequency output have delay :(
and if possible i want increase speed for convert
This schematic produces an output train of pulses at the same frequency, the only thing changing is the width of the pulses. The input on pin 2 (I assume this is where you want your crystal) retriggers the 555 at a set frequency. The RC network on pins 6 & 7, along with the voltage on pin 5, determine the duty cycle of the output on pin 3. I'm not sure what tw refers to, but I am guessing that it is the time the signal is high.

BTW, I don't know how to decrease the propagation delay inherent to the chips.

king40

Joined Jul 17, 2013
Any delay is so small that most folks don't worry about it. Changing the control voltage will change the output of the 555 within one clock cycle.

Define your needs. Perhaps you need a PLL.
your means is:
if i increase control voltage,
output frequency speed increase?????

Any delay is so small that most folks don't worry about it. Changing the control voltage will change the output of the 555 within one clock cycle.

Define your needs. Perhaps you need a PLL.
that was going to b my suggestion.
Obviously its a simple APC-type synth and Ive built maybe a hundred of those in various forms but I dont think I understand exactly what he wants to do either..
King40: maybe you could clearly and simply state what, exactly, you are trying to achieve both in toto (the overall goal of the circ/device), and in particular (w/the delay Q)?

Its entirely possible that there is a significant language barrier functioning here..