Cross posting notification

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Here's an idea...if I am typing an answer and somebody else posts on the thread I'm engaged with, AAC might send me a sound signal like a chime or a beep. Perhaps a flicker of the brightness on the page I am typing on.

I understand that sending a message to tell my computer to beep might not be practical as it entails sending when not requested by the recipient. This method would also beg to have a way to turn it off in the preferences section.

Just an idea to solve a very minor problem.

DumboFixer

Joined Feb 10, 2009
My forum displays a message box saying that somebody else has posted and gives you the chance to review the other post and chang eyours as required.

SgtWookie

Joined Jul 17, 2007
I post on another forum (not related to electronics) that has the notification feature enabled, and it almost never causes me to redact anything I've already written.

I don't see cross-posting being a problem on here; most of the time the cross-posts agree with each other anyway.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Like I said, "very minor problem". Glad to know it's possible. The owners? bosses? Moderators? will decide as they will. I only noticed it because I deleted twice this week for being a duplicate of the guy who typed faster. So I had a thought...and posted it here. No big deal.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
You can press the Preview Post button before posting; this lets you check to see if any new messages have been added before pressing the Submit Reply button.