Critique wiring diagram for truck accessories

Discussion in 'The Projects Forum' started by xthephoenix89x, May 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xthephoenix89x

Thread Starter New Member

May 1, 2014
    Hello everyone! This is my first post here.

I'm wiring/rewiring some accessories on my truck. It is a 2012 Dodge Cummins. I have some of these items wired in already, but want to redo it for a better, safer, cleaner job.

The trigger for me wanting to re-do some of this is: I wired in the compressor and tank via a relay, not realizing that there was an integrated relay in the pressure switch. What ended up happening is I had to starve the truck out because it would not shut off with the key due to relay feedback. I am admittedly an electrical idiot, but I'm learning a lot from this.

I have since bought a 3 relay bank (two will remain open for future use), and an 8 circuit fuse panel. I have also bought a simpler pressure switch, sans integrated relay.

Attached is the wiring schematic, including my gauges (the isspro gauges have 3 additional wires each, from their respective sender... they do not draw power, just send information), tuner, and switches (for the horn, and a master on/off compressor switch).

If you see anything you think I should add, or change, or what have you, just let me know.

I do have one question. Should I add diodes to this to prevent any feedback? How do you size a diode, and where would you buy one?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

2. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    I guess you didn't read the Terms of Service.

6. Restricted topics. The following topics are regularly raised however are considered "off-topic" at all times and will result in Your thread being closed without question:
    • Any kind of over-unity devices and systems
    • Automotive modifications
    • Devices designed to electrocute or shock another person
    • LEDs to mains
    • Phone jammers
    • Rail guns and high-energy projectile devices
    • Transformer-less power supplies

xthephoenix89x likes this.
  3. xthephoenix89x

Thread Starter New Member

May 1, 2014
    I skimmed them, but missed that. My apologies.

Then I'm wiring this stuff on a boat with an inboard engine? Will work the same way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.