credit/debit card ?

stahta01

Joined Jun 9, 2011
When I worked on the RADAR system in F-4s one of the other workers blamed the plane's RADAR for blanking one/some of their cards.

NOTE: This is NOT a safe way to erase cards; they likely violated personal safety guidelines to have this happen.

Tim S.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Copying them is that easy, it only requires the right hardware, which is as standard as it gets. It is all off the shelf technology.

OK, you want the equivalent of a library card. Inventory control is a legit function.

I am willing to bet inventory control that comes way after identity theft. While I don't think you two are trying to start a criminal enterprise, you do need to think this through. If the police ask you why you have this equipment what would you tell them? I'm easy in comparison.

If you want a really simple scheme bar codes are the way to go. A commercial printer can print information that has excellent error checking, and can be read by the simplest of optical devices (phone camera's come to mind). Of course, a magnetic strip is also a RAM process, but not as much as people think. It is a little like RFID, you have a simple number encoded that is accessed through a large data base. The RFID number is simple, it is the data base where it is happening.

There are certain activities we watch very closely. I have not suggested closing the thread, or declaring martial law, but it is my job to make sure all activities stay legal here. You can bet there are agencies who's job it is to track this stuff are out there, and they are needed.

On a side note, you guys have the strip on your driver's license? Here in Texas we do, and I'm not too happy with the local supermarket tries to scan it.

The data on those strips is pretty robust. I've had magnets on my credit cards with no bad effects. I suspect sanding is a better erasure system.

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
NOTE: I AM NOT TRYING TO DO SOMETHING ILLEGAL
THAT WOULD BE STUPID ANYWAY , PLUS THEY WOULD CATCH YOU WITH ALL THE CAMERAS IN PLACE TO DAY , PLUS YOU WOULD NEED TO KNOW THE PIN NUMBER AS WELL (IN MOST PLACES NOW) ,....ETC ...

What my objective is/was is to learn how I can create my own cards for my business...
i.e access card , id cards , membership cards ,...etc

Or if the only way is to pay another company to do it for me.
If I have another company produce these cards how am I guaranteed that company doesn't have access , or is ripping me off.

It would be just easier in my book to make my own cards. I am not talking about Credit cards that could be used illegally at a bank... even thought the same process in making cards could do illegal card stuff as well. Everything has a good and bad side that is why we have law enforcement

Last edited:

hgmjr

Joined Jan 28, 2005
The concern here is not the intentions of the OP be they for good or for ill, the forum's concern is that the contents of this and every thread in the forum is viewed by other members and guests who can take the information and misuse it.

hgmjr

Mathematics!

Joined Jul 21, 2008
I see , sorry about that I will look into it on my own.
With less broadcasting of it on the internet.

Thanks for the info in so far
You can close this thread now if you want

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Waitaminute. I applaud Mathematics!' will to learn about magnetic cards and if he's trying to make his own for his club/business that's even cool!

Is copying these cards that easy? If that was the case, ATM cards would be useless. Aren't they encoded?
They aren't. Its pathetically easy to clone them. Hell all the info on the mag strip is written on the card itself. Your card strip just has your name, number, experation, secret code. You guys should be old enough before instant CC transactions. You don't remember them pulling out the big board, putting in a big carbon copy paper. Laying your card in the tray. They silkscreening the card info onto the receipt paper. Then the sellers had to send in those receipts to the CC companies. One of my clients nurit went down last month we dug one up to use for a day. I think you can still buy em.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Ok new magnetic strip info. I mentioned how I sanded my mag strip on my id when I got it off priciple. Well I just had a renew and forgot. FL is going through a pill epidemic. Half of it is oxycodone(Smack) heads, the other half are aderallheads(Blow). For further info see youtube for "Vanguard Oxycontin Express" its a documentry about the FL pill problem. Anyways we've enacted a pill database (One of the last states to do so) and now a bunch of new rules. I have a bad back and have mentioned I am on opiates to control pain. That being said today I went to pick up my prescription and before they would just ask to verify your address. Now as of this month. They asked for my ID and actually swiped it through a totally different computer he said was hooked up to the database. So now you may need that swipe for prescriptions in FL for opiates. May be nationwide now.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Ummm !
There was a bunch of guys who did make some of 'em credit cards here too u know...I's say they quite good at it but not professional though. cause they were flying for a few days and now they in jail.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Yah the problem is becoming epidemic. With proper training of clerks and screening in CC databases 95% of this could be avoided. Only about 3%-5% are actually legit ground breaking inovative criminals that might get caught on a wing and a prayer. The rest just read crap on the net and mimic what others have done and usually end up in jail. Most people don't realize even being a good criminal takes a lot of real work.The guys that put in the work, don't get caught, the ones that don't, get caught.
I IN NO WAY CONDONE BREAKING THE LAW USING THIS TECHNOLOGY! THIS IS JUST MY OPINION FROM MY INFO I'VE GATHERED BEING INTERESTED IN THE TOPIC!

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Here their taking over ATM's and putting skimmers on the ATM, they even hook up a micro camera to it to get the pin number, some they are even finding with bluetooth installed so the theif doesn't even have to come back to the ATM. He just pulls up onto the street and logs in and retrieves all the data wirelessly. They bust people here doing this every week. We have lots of rings doing it here too. Its getting out of hand.

R!f@@

Joined Apr 2, 2009
Real workers never get's caught..only wannabe's...They google stuff ..learn a little and get's too hasty and dunno when to stop and in the end forgets to cover the loose ends. it is inevitable. If you steal you will pay.... Period.

Look at me...I know how to do this, but I do not even bother
There is no point in stealing. Some people are born bad.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
If you get a new Credit/Debit card, microwave it before carrying it around. About 5 seconds is enough to blow the RFID on it, and doesn't clear the magstripe.

Mag stripe readers are used in bars to verify the ID is valid, most fake IDs just make a brownish black line there that looks like a magstripe.

The problem with RFID cards is they work at a LOT longer distances than they are supposed to, so somebody with a notebook in a park can get a lot of credit card numbers, including "security code" sitting on a bench and pinging every jogger running by.

If the RFID on your drivers license fails, you shouldn't have a problem. The police still mostly use the magstripe or big huge bar code. If they do find your RFID is "defective" (musta left it on the register checking out, I guess", the worse you'll have to do is get a new license.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Last credit card I got had this feature, I opted out and requested a new card that didn't have it. You do have some say in the matter.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Now in FL if you plan on getting any Rx's you better not mess with that mag strip. Now Walgreens uses it at proof of ID. So many fake id's are being used for the Rx's that they are only using the mag strip to get your ID info. So if you kill it. Don't plan on getting your medications till you get a renewal.

thatoneguy

Joined Feb 19, 2009
Now in FL if you plan on getting any Rx's you better not mess with that mag strip. Now Walgreens uses it at proof of ID. So many fake id's are being used for the Rx's that they are only using the mag strip to get your ID info. So if you kill it. Don't plan on getting your medications till you get a renewal.
Same thing with cough syrup, getting into a bar, getting a chunk of cash from the bank (legally), and about everything else.

All that info is tracked and it is annoying. They do it under the guise of "For your Safety", while they actually mean "This War On Drugs We've been losing forever".