Creative 6600 Volume control repair

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by enito, Jul 10, 2014.

1. enito

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 10, 2014

After some searchs about the non working of my speakers (worked from like 8 years) , checked transistors, caps, diodes etc..and all fine. I found the trouble, this one is from wired volume control. I found a little piece of metal broken or something, this making no contact in the power area. How i can fix, or found some replacement of this pod?

I attach a photo, with marked red circle of the broken area.

More photos:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
  2. Ramussons

May 3, 2013
    Replace the volume control.

3. THE_RB

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 11, 2008
    Looks like the power switch part of the volume pot.

You can run two wires from it, and add a new small SPST toggle switch mounted somewhere else on your speakers. It might look "dodgy" but will be repaired in minutes and be 100% reliable.

Trying to fix or replace that pot will cause time delays and/or reliability issues.
  4. enito

Thread Starter New Member

Jul 10, 2014
    Hi again, i did a repair of pod, with some little metal for make again the contact now i have power again ;) but now a some strange behaviour happen. Rear channels area works perfect but front area, i have some out of sound (get sound no sound get sound, random) is like bad cable connected or bad speaker. I tested any of speaker connect to Rear area and works perfect, front nope, sometime i get sound sometimes shorts. I opened again the amplifier and dont notify any strange (no bad solder of rca area or something)..what can be the next step for check? thx!!
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2014