Creating Bluetooth Siri Button for Car

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by z0oinks, May 20, 2013.

1. z0oinks

Thread Starter Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Would it be possible to make a "Hands-Free Siri" button for my car? I know I could use a standard bluetooth profile and have it powered by either a usb port of by the cigarette lighter port. It would just be a push button that would attach to the wheel or something close it by means of a clamp or otherwise. I was thinking that, if the car doesn't have bluetooth, I would connect the iPhone to the car using an auxiliary cable. If anyone has any ideas, it would be appreciated.

2. socalgordon

May 22, 2013
    You mean like something like this?

http://www.drivewithsiri.com/

I have been looking for something that I can incorporate into my trucks steering wheel. I figure, If I get this, I can crack it open, re-wire the the button (or extend it) to put it in my steering wheel. I want to make it look as stock and clean looking as possible.

Gordon

3. z0oinks

Thread Starter Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Yeah, just like that. I feel that sixty dollars is a bit pricey, though. Don't you?

4. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
  5. z0oinks

Thread Starter Member

Sep 12, 2012
    Bertus, that looks like something that would give your phone Bluetooth capabilities. I am looking for something that would allow me to invoke Siri by means of Bluetooth.