creating a web site

mentaaal

Joined Oct 17, 2005
Hi, sounds similar to the question that I asked yesterday. The basic for any visual content in a web page, including text is a mark up language known as HTML. Using this language you can "mark-up" or tell the browser the client is using how to render the web page. I.e. how it will look. You can also embed content into the page such as java applets or flash animations. You can even utlilise client side or server side scripting using javascript or php. I understand the basic ideas myself but am still very much a student like yourself. Perhaps if you consider what this web site should do. In fact if you want to construct a basic web page, this could be done very easily using free software available on the net and requiring very little of the languages at all. In fact (i wouldnt recommend it) you could even use the likes of microsoft office to create a web site! Once done, you need to find some hosting company on the net to host the website for you (there are free ones available) or you can make a web server yourself in your own home if you like (although this may be incredibly impractical depending on the use of the site) one of the most popular free hosting software is known as apache and is available for both linux and windows. You can have a gander HERE

ethan007

Joined May 11, 2009
Hi,
There are many site which offer you good website development package. It is around $9- $20 depending on the pages etc. Check it out.

PRS

Joined Aug 24, 2008
Thanks for the tips, both of you. I read the link and ran into technical words that I know I'll have to learn in order to get a site up and running. It just occured to me that there is a book in the public library on the subject. An Idiot's Guide -- sounds good to me. I'll check it out and get back with you all later. Thanks again.

hashoot

Joined Jun 9, 2009
u can do the hard thing.learning HTML (static language) and if u want dynamic sites ASP or ASP.net or PHP and sqlserver for asp and mysql for php and write the site urself.
or u can use CMS like Fusion(more like site not a forum),PHPbb,Vbulletin(like this site) and so on.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
The basic start is to get a server. I know of people who do it at home, with the same software as this site (if you're interested ask me PM).

GoDaddy sells basic space very cheaply, as does the person above this post.

From there it is a matter of preference. Are you wanting simple pictures and links, or something more advanced?