Creating a solar power inverter for converting DC to AC without a transformer

l1234

Joined Apr 19, 2016
I saw a post on this article:
http://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/t...verter-without-transformer.37658/#post-790991

I am trying to build a solar power DC to AC inverter circuit as well. I tried using some of the information in the previous post to help me debug, but I am still struggling to get my inverter working. We are using an Hbridge, with the MOSFETs being driven by gate drivers. For some reason we are getting an AC signal at the correct value, but there is no actual voltage drop across the output load. I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on how to fix this, or how to create a solar power inverter for converting DC to AC without a transformer.

Thanks so much for your help!

Kermit2

Joined Feb 5, 2010
You are making a square wave AC inverter.

Claiming your output signal is correct but nothing happens when connected to the load is confusing.

I have 120 volts in my house wiring checked with a volt meter, but when I stand in a bucket of salt water and grab the wires in my bare hands nothing happens....

At this point I doubt your claim of having a correct "output" that does nothing to the load. If the load is not experiencing the flow of current, then your output is not correct

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Are you sure you have your switching devices firing in the right order as in top left and bottom right coming on together then top right and bottom left coming on together for the next half of the cycle?

After that are you sure that your DC supply is working properly and actually completes a full circuit to and from the source through the H-bridge and the load and back to the source?

l1234

Joined Apr 19, 2016
We are using pins 5,6,10 and 11 for the PWM transformation. We are clearly not getting the correct output.

void setup() {

pinMode(5, OUTPUT);

pinMode(6, OUTPUT);

pinMode(10, OUTPUT);

pinMode(11, OUTPUT);

}

void loop() {

digitalWrite(5, HIGH);

digitalWrite(11, HIGH);

digitalWrite(6, LOW);

digitalWrite(10, LOW);

delay(100);