Create GUI using Visual Basic/any software and program into PIC18F2550 through USB

syee10

Joined Mar 26, 2010
I need to create a GUI using Visual basic to get input from user.A simple button click will be enough for the GUI.After i get the input, i need to load the input into PIC18F2550 through USB. This will then control my servo motor as i am creating an ASRS system. So anyone here can give me some advices/guidelines on how to create the GUI and how am i going to load the input from user into the PIC?
I need to use Visual basic to do all the programming or program it separately by using Visual basic to create GUI and use software like MPLAB to load my user input into PIC?

St3

beenthere

Joined Apr 20, 2004
VB is intended to not only work from within a GUI, but helps you create code to produce your own. That would seem to be the least of your problems.

That PIC supports USB, SPI, and I2C serial, so all you need to do is choose which one to use. Distance may be a factor.

After that, you define how to control the servos and write the VB code to send control words to the PIC that position the servo/s as appropriate. Controlling the hardware will take most of your effort.