Create circuit board

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by Wassin=m, Nov 25, 2014.

1. Wassin=m

Thread Starter New Member

Nov 25, 2014

I already finished my introduction to electronics course. I know how to deal with truth table and logic gates.

I have an idea for a new project, receive a signal over WIFI or Bluetooth as input, and output electrical signal and other outputs over wifi or bluetooth.

My problem is how to setup the logic gate diagram with a radio receiver and transfer this diagram to real components like resistors, capacitors, leds and so on.

If there is any useful e-book please send me the reference.

Thank you
  2. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    Doing that with only TTL or CMOS logic is going to be extremely difficult and complex. When I see WIFI or Bluetooth, I automatically recommend using a microcontroller. I hate to say it, but I don't think you'll be able to do that with just logic gates and discrete components.
  3. MrChips

Oct 2, 2009
    Sorry, there is a big gap between what you have learned so far and what you are attempting to do.

To received signal over WiFi or Bluetooth you need a WiFi or Bluetooth transceiver.
    The data received is in the form of packets. You need a microcontroller in order to interpret the packets and extract the information. This cannot be done simply with resistors, capacitors, LEDs, etc.
  4. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    IF/WHEN you start looking at a microcontroller based solution check out these few development kits.

TI sensortag (Bluetooth low energy)

(Wifi - arduino IDE,etc..)
    Spark Core
    Electric IMP
    Lightblue bean