Crazy project 3 phase pwm with bidirectional output - Arduino

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
think of this as electroplating
it will eat the pos. and plate it on the neg. i want it to plate both sides automatically
at a rate of 11k hz.
I'm good in splitting water but no good in electronics
at some point this pwm will self adjust to the rlc because
the cell is a inductor a capacitor and has a resistance of around 15k
I'm looking on hitting the resident frequency where the volt will skyrocket and the amps will fall

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
that's why I'm here
hopping someone can help/ design the circuit
I can build i can read the layout and build but just don't know how / why the parts go/work together
not saying that they will/ wont be modified by project end

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
you said a simple switch?
will the arduino do that?
i need it to act like that pdf..
the problem is the relays only go to about 1k hz before they fail.... maniacal fail freq. is just too fast
you see the cell in that pdf flows left to right the first time
but then flows right to left the second time
thats 1 phase my cell 3 times bigger
you must like green acres

BR-549

Joined Sep 22, 2013
I've heard of these things. I believe that if there was much to it, big auto companies would be using it. Like VW perhaps.

Can ac current split water at a greater rate than dc current?

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
not over-unity...
just as close to Faraday's law as we can get.
according to him we can get 8ml per min. per watt...... just dc
this project uses pulsed + and -
the object is to get to that law without eating up the anode or cathode

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
pulsed dc works good but over time it destroys the anode or cathode.
ac should stop that. or at least slow it down to a very slow crawl. it should be a fix to that problem
the rlc (tank circuit) should get us as close to unity as possibly
a mirco is needed to keep it in track adjusting the freq. as needed step 2 of the project
we have a circuit.. we just need to get the relays gone .
at no time did i even imply over-unity ..... just would like to see unity.
as far as the h2 and the o gas i've ran a briggs on just h only and the car are doing it on a daily basis
think of it this way...you have acetylene that burns a 1 temp add the oxygen that's makes temp much hotter
the second law of energy conversation does not "not" account for chemical reactions.
also look at a heat pump they show just what i'm talking about and that second law.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
here is what I'm trying to do.
i want to take my arduino....actually a osepp uno r3 plus
i want to make a 3 phase pwm....
i want the output load load be ac.
i have a circuit that uses 1 phase npn but the ends up going to 2 relays but this is way too slow for the frequency i want and would be very costly to get all those relay
looking for a circuit to work for me
One part at a time ... do you need an 8-bit binary pattern for a sin wave PWM output?

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
at this point we get hydrogen from natural gas at high pressure threw electrolysis
yes it is cleaner then reg gas..... but it still uses a petroleum product
I'd like to use sea water witch is the most abundant resource on the planet.
br-549 yes ac will split water. but it makes a lot of heat wasted energy
just like just straight dc.
what i have found is a duty cycle of like 10% makes a big difference.
so phase 1 will be at a freq. of approx 11k hz at a 10 % on time and at the end of that cycle it a 10 % reverse pulse
and that might even be too long it might only need a 5% don't know until i build this circuit
the 3 phases are for a continuous ringing effect

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
hp1729
i don't think so.... i think i can use a square wave from the arduino
at a frequency say 11k hz run it on a 10% duty (programmable)
the circuit is in the ace pdf page 51
the problem i'm getting is at 11k the relay fail
actually they fail under 1k hz
br-549 has said to look at a h bridge
i'm just not a ee i can build and understand but need more schooling

wayneh

Joined Sep 9, 2010
at no time did i even imply over-unity ..... just would like to see unity.
Unfortunately you can't get even close using electrolysis of water. I'd guess you'll never exceed 70% efficiency, which is roughly what they see in industrial hydrogen production.

Which raises the question, why bother? You're burning extra gasoline in your engine to power your alternator, to make electricity to run your electrolysis unit, from which you get back a portion of the energy as hydrogen. You'd be far better off without the whole thing.

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
I'm assuming this is an attempt to create hydrogen as a portable and storable fuel, using electricity from any source as input power. There's no suggestion that there's an engine burning gasoline to run this setup!

Yes, you can create 11KHz using an Arduino, if you want square waves. If you want sinusoidal waveforms, then I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Electrolysis using AC is beyond my understanding, but some people say it works:
http://chemistry.stackexchange.com/questions/8642/how-does-high-frequency-water-electrolysis-work

Actually this article does talk about burning the hydrogen in an engine to create electricity. I assume that would be after the hydrogen had been stored for a while until the energy was wanted. Otherwise, there truly seems to be no point. (Unless you want to build expensive machinery and heat up your neighborhood.)

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
with +20 kw solar array on roof
with over twice wind turbine in yard i guess power is not a problem in az
hydrogen actually the making of for a sterling engine is a good thing
as we all know h will get out of anything one might say it is very small.
a tank that changes the state until needed is very cool
also a torch using it is very cool.
az has a few very good people on using h.
off the grid is what and how i want to live
i'm working on circuit for my purpose i play for a living. phd Phillips is a good friend of mine... he uses it for his purpose
I'm not saing it is right or wrong after all he is a phd. roy mcalaster is also a very good friend
as i said i'm just tring to convert that schematic for my use

Drack

Joined Jan 11, 2016
there is what I'm trying but it still wont light a light bulb why?
Steve Bolt's 4-transistor H-bridgeDesign, limitations, usage

Steve Bolt came up with an interesting 4-transistor H-bridge variant; this is cheap and easy to build, and best of all is "smokeless" (i.e., no combination of inputs can cause the bridge to self-destruct). Here's Steve's diagram:

You should bear the following things in mind with this design:

• 2N2905 and 2N2219 transistors are no longer being produced; I use 2N2907 and 2N2222 transistors in this circuit, with good results.
  • You absolutely must use one bias resistor per transistor; I attempted to simplify the circuit by connecting the respective transistors' bases (so each pair of transistors could "share" a resistor) -- this made for a circuit that was simpler, much easier to freeform, and completely non-functional.
  • This efficiency of this design is driven by 2 things -- the efficiency of the motor it's driving, and the size of the bias resistors. Just to make life interesting, these things are interrelated (more on this later).
  • This bridge is "smokeable" -- but only if power is supplied to the bridge while the control inputs are allowed to "float" (easy thing to avoid in your circuit design).
  • When I first started tinkering with this circuit, I made the assumption that the inverters pictured in Steve's diagram were not intrinsic parts of the bridge, but instead were examples of the outputs coming from the "driving" circuit. This is very, very wrong. If you don't include inverters (or, at least buffers) on the control inputs, you now have to take great care to avoid having the bridge influence the circuit that's driving it.

something is wrong please help