crane

Discussion in 'Programmer's Corner' started by kuya, Mar 25, 2006.

1. kuya

Thread Starter New Member

Mar 25, 2006
    how to make programs with 3 mottor stepper, without controller (IC) and can use with port printer?
    thank's
    send back to
    kamonas2003@yahoo.com
    thank's

2. Papabravo

Expert

Feb 24, 2006
    Not much to go on here. Do you have three stepper motors of a single type or one stepper motor with three poles?

In either case you output the phase sequence to a printer port exactly as a controller IC would do it. In fact if you look at the controller IC's like the L297 they will tell you what sequence to use.

To write the programs for a PC you need some kind of compiler or interpreter. Visual Basic should work. It should be a simple mater to wite a sequence of output bits to the printer port. With only eight bits and a strobe I think three motors might be hard to do, but I could be wrong.

3. Dave

Retired Moderator

Nov 17, 2003
    Rather than giving a very high-level overview, you are advised to provide a more detailed description of what you wish to achieve if you expect anyone to help you.

Dave

4. kuya

Mar 25, 2006
    dave i now its hard!!! but not i make 2 motor stepper with 2 ic ULN2003 18 pin, 8 diode zener 12V with port printer. And i wan to make a simple crane. like a crane on boat. 1st motor stepper for lift up. 2nd for rotary 360 degrees. and i have plane to write program in Delphi. If you don't mind please help to make electronic's circuits for this.
    thank's dave

5. kuya

Mar 25, 2006