Craig's List Tips?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bountyhunter, Nov 20, 2013.

1. bountyhunter

Thread Starter Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2009
    I am new to craigs list. I listed an old TEK 7834 storage scope and ten various plug ins for Tek 7000 series scopes on their site.

1) I attached pictures and NONE of them showed up with the ads. Apparently it does not allow a JPEG?

2) Will I get notified by email if somebody responds? I checked the option to go through the craigs "message" thing not to list me address publicly.

so far I am thoroughly underwhelmed with craigs list.

2. Dr.killjoy

Apr 28, 2013
    How are you attaching them ???
    they might be having problems or something because I have never had a problem and it pulls the pic right off my pc ..

The E-mail you signed up with is where the mail will get sent too ..

3. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    Here's my craigslist tip: don't hold ANYTHING for ANYONE, even just for an hour. First come first serve only. I've sold or given away lots of stuff on craigslist, and in my experience, 75% of people who say "I'll be there on Friday evening" never show up, and 50% of people who say "i'm in my car headed your way, please don't sell it before I get there!" Never show up. I don't have a clue why, but it happens consistently. Even with GOOD stuff I'm GIVING away for FREE. Really bizarre.

PackratKing, inwo and #12 like this.
  4. tracecom

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 16, 2010
    If you get vague e-mails, such as "Is it still available," don't respond; those are from e-mail address collectors/spammers.

PackratKing, inwo and strantor like this.
  5. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    I included the figures as part of placing the ad. There is a point where you browse for images and attach them. Thqat did nothing because not one of the images ever appeared. Bogus.

6. bountyhunter

Sep 7, 2009
    So far, I have gotten ZERO emails of any kind.

7. tubeguy

Nov 3, 2012
    Try re-posting every couple of days so it keeps appearing near the top of the listings.

Maybe check the size of the image file(s).

8. inwo

Nov 7, 2013
    I use cl all the time. Always get a response. Always get spam. Rarely do a deal.

But hey, it's free, what's not to love.

9. strantor

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 3, 2010
    I heard on the radio that prostitution as at an all time low, and research into the cause points to people hooking up for free (or not) on craigslist's MSW/WSM/MSM/WSW categories. I guess that's another "tip."

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Thanks, but no thanks.
    Other causes of less prostitution: Less Catholic guilt about, "touching yourself" and women being less selective than they were in the past.
    Unfortunately, I am old enough that I don't care.

PackratKing likes this.