CPU Temp?

Discussion in 'Computing and Networks' started by frank55, Mar 5, 2015.

1. frank55

Thread Starter Member

Dec 6, 2013
  2. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    I believe so .

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    181 Fahrenheit. I wouldn't want my transistors running at that temperature, even if they can survive for a while. Get in there and renew the heat sink compound on your brain chip. Then check for air blockage by dirt, and fan effectiveness. If fail, you are simply asking too much from the system. Buy a better heatsink/fan combination. They are very popular for gamers and easy to find for sale on the internet.

4. frank55

Thread Starter Member

Dec 6, 2013

thanks ; i did the heat sink paste compound already , i installed Core temp and just browsing i get this with just browsing, see pic attach.
    why when streaming iptv it goes so high?

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    It's too obvious. Streaming video at 60 frames per second requires more work than browsing at 1 frame per minute..

6. R!f@@

AAC Fanatic!

Apr 2, 2009
    You need a better CPU cooler

7. bertus

Administrator

Apr 5, 2008
    Hello,

Are the ventilation openings of the notebook free of dust?
    Is the CPU cooler free of dust?

Bertus

8. Natakel

Oct 11, 2008
    Specs show the maximum operating temperature of that CPU is 90C . . . seems you are getting close to that limit on a regular basis. I agree with all here that you need to improve your cooling solution . . . be it new, more powerful fans and/or making sure the heat sinks and fans are free from dust. Always make sure the vents are not blocked by anything . . . if you routinely use the laptop in your lap or on a bed or other soft surface, consider investing in a cooling stand for the device. They make some that are USB powered and force air through the vents.

True, you haven't surpassed the thermal limit of the CPU, but running it at those high temps all the time will reduce the CPU's lifespan. Plus, that temp may not even be the average highest.

9. frank55

Thread Starter Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Thanks guys, i already have cleaned vents made the CPU heat sink compound some time ago,i have 2 small fans under PC,there is not much more i can do, it does not act strange,i don't see any symptoms of over heating, for what i red about this HP DV-5 1254 US series is that they run hot and the fan also runs high,it was alot worse before i did the CPU Heat sink paste,

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    I would hang a fan on that chip even if I had to use a coat hanger to attach it. Unfortunately, you can't add parts to a laptop computer. :(

11. frank55

Thread Starter Member

Dec 6, 2013
    Is it possible to open a hole in the bottom of the Laptop to expose the board that has the CPU and put the fan blowing air strait to it,would that help cooling?

Or make small holes and blow fan to it?