Course, training, study, education

Discussion in 'Embedded Systems and Microcontrollers' started by wapdrive, Aug 28, 2010.

1. wapdrive

Thread Starter New Member

Aug 28, 2010
    Brief Introduction:
    Hello all! This pertains to the topic of microcontrollers and embedded systems. Due to the nature of my question and present location - Mumbai, India, I'd appreciate my fellow mumbaites answering this question although I am open to advice from all.

Background:
    I just love microcontrollers. So far I have worked on the Atmel 89c52 and microchip's 16F84A, 16F72 and 16F873A. Now I am looking at the 18F series. I'm 32 yrs old and have a Diploma in Electronics. Although I'm new to microcontroller programming (3 months), I have extensive experience (5 yrs) in digital electronics design. All this while I have designed digital circuits for the previous company where I was working. I have completed a 10 day course in Microchip 8 bit uCs and am successfully writing programs in CCS C compiler.

My actual question:
    What course/s can I study, here in Mumbai in embedded systems that will not just get me into a good job but really develop my hardware and software skills such that I am fluent with things like 32 bit PIC processors, dsPICs, ARM processors, RTOS, USB, embedded Linux, Ethernet, embedded TCP/IP and so on?

Thanks in advance for your advice!!

2. mik3

Feb 4, 2008
    I don't know a particular course but you the best thing is to start real programming as to enhance your skills.

3. Flow

May 30, 2010
    Pick some funky interesting project to work on in your spare time. Maybe collaborate with others in an open source project?

Many great things to do :) - experience counts.

(Make sure you work with an RTOS though - you'll figure it out on the way with help from books.)