Couple scopes for sale

Discussion in 'Marketplace' started by BReeves, Sep 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BReeves

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2012
    I have two scopes I no longer have a need for..

1. Tectronics 464 dual trace 100mhz storage scope with spare CRT. Bought this off eBay several years ago and shortly after buying it ran across the CRT. Bought it thinking it would be about the only component that could cost more than the scope was worth if it ever went out. $225.00 plus shipping.

2. B&K 2125 20mhz dual trace. Bought this new but never really used it. Been sitting in my shop and is a little discolored from age but works fine. $125.00 plus shipping

I have like new probes for both scopes, the Tek has a pouch fastened to the top for probes and cords. From what I could find I think these are pretty good prices.

I prefer PayPal and you will need to give me time to locate or buy proper boxes and packing. Will ship to US only, send me your zip code and I will see if I can get a shipping cost. Only guarantee I will give is I will make sure both work before they go into the box. Will probably ship the CRT separate from the scope to whoever buys the Tek.

Bob

2. BReeves

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Really thought my prices were pretty good but with no hits guess not. Lets drop them by $25.00, $200 for the Tec and $100 for the B&K. Will leave them here for a while longer, if they don't sell off to eBay they go..

3. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    That's still a bit high for CRT scopes. People can usually find them for closer to $50 for a 20MHz model. 100MHz I'd expect to see go for closer to $75.

I just bought two, and they went for almost those exact prices. The 100MHz model was an HP, 20MHz model was a Tek.

4. David Pate

Oct 29, 2013
    I have a Tek 2225 50MHz unit that I could probably sell. I see eBay prices of ~$300. What do you think I could realistically get for it?

5. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    I would have put this in a different thread instead of resurrecting this older one, but to answer your question I'd say probably about $100.

6. BReeves

Thread Starter Member

Nov 24, 2012
    Wouldn't be worth the time it would take to pack up and ship for those prices. If that's all they are worth I may put them on Craig's list and hope someone local will buy them.

7. DerStrom8

Feb 20, 2011
    That's probably the way to go. I've sold a lot of items that way and it works almost every time.

Another thought is you could always up the shipping cost slightly to make it worth your while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.