Country Music

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
Would any of you country music fans across the pond have any information on a group called "Sylvie and the Silver Dollar Band?"
Thanks.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
I think I have an old CD with their hit 'Don't sit on the stove pop, your too old to ride the range' :cool:
Max.
Is it from your time as video DJ. I have a faint memory of Max Headroom from the Sky Channel. Of course your co-worker Pat Sharp took much more of the limelight. Even that cat in junk shop with that good looking girl did so:p

Blackbull

Joined Jul 26, 2008
I’ve always thought that for an electronics forum this place is hilarious, I get more laughs here than at the pictures (movies). Thanks for the replies; I think this Sylvie is the product of somebody’s imagination. Max – did she make “Don’t jump off the roof dad you’ll make a hole in the yard” also.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I think it's all about taste, some do, some don't.

It's funny country is getting really vast, country rock open up a lot of people to country.

I still like Willie Nelson, I grew up on Hank Williams. I still enjoy the oldies.

I'm really open to most music, styles, I even have enjoyed some Native Cultures music, nothing is out of bounds. But, some punk styles just annoy me. It doesn't sound like music at all. It sounds like someone picking up an instrument, hitting one note, over and over.

That's not music.