Counting people in a shopping mall

ibrahim ali asghar

Joined Nov 8, 2014
Hello everyone,
my name is ibrahim, i am a total newbie in circuits and electronics .

please help me with one thing..i want to draw a logical circuit that can count all people that comes to the shopping mall ..and resetting after every day..

the mechanism of counting can be anything..whether a photo detector or foot movements.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Where is this proposed circuit going to be located? How are you going to account for people who pass the detector multiple times? How are you going to detect people in the first place? "Anything" is too vague. There are many questions that need to be answered, before anyone can help.

You said you want to draw… Do you intend to try and build this circuit?

Oh, and why? Is this homework or just a thought exercise?

ibrahim ali asghar

Joined Nov 8, 2014
Where is this proposed circuit going to be located? How are you going to account for people who pass the detector multiple times? How are you going to detect people in the first place? "Anything" is too vague. There are many questions that need to be answered, before anyone can help.

You said you want to draw… Do you intend to try and build this circuit?

Oh, and why? Is this homework or just a thought exercise?

ok first of all thank you sir for replying ..
for ex if the circuit is based on the mechanism of photo detection , so definitely the circuit will be connected to that device that detects(captures and counts) faces of every person entering the shopping mall .secondly assuming that the circuit doesn't need to detect people passing multiple times. we just want to make a simple circuit..
and to be honest its a university assignment...plz help me sir
i just cant visualize a circuit diagram for it..

Last edited:

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Thank you for your honesty. I suggest that you read this thread, "Posting Questions in the Homework Help Forum"

The key word in your problem is "counting". I suggest you research counting circuits. Make an attempt to design one for your use, and show us what you've come up with. Ask any questions if you run into difficulties, as long as they aren't if the sort "design this for us".

Moderators: Please move this to the Homework Help forum.