Counter

jerrymyersmills

Joined Mar 22, 2011
HI folks
i have installed a relay timer for my 12VDC linear actuator.I want to install a simple electronic counter so that anytime my linear is actuator gets activated,the counter will count.I have seen several counters online but the whole thing is beyond my head.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
The more popular counters used in industry are made by Red Lion, Durant, Omron, et. al. they are all pretty straight forward. You will need a proximity switch mounted near the end of the actuator that will trigger the counter to increment the count. They can also be had with relay outputs and setpoints, so for example if you want your machine to shut down or an alarm to trigger after X amount of counts, then you can punch in the number and walk away. go somewhere like mouser or newark to find these, keyword "counter".

EDIT: or forget the prox, you can just run the signal through an unused contact on your relay, or since your power supply is already 24V (common voltage used in industry), get a counter that uses 24V, tie the grounds together, and use your existing 24V

jerrymyersmills

Joined Mar 22, 2011
Hi staton
The timer is a DPDT timing relay.Most 99% of relay boards are equipped with SPDT relays.
I want a counter which can be wired directly with the timing relay.