Could I get a live volunteer please? My "shoot/no shoot" simulator is broken.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GopherT, Aug 10, 2016.

1. GopherT

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
  2. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    Basic gun safety fail. This was not an accidental discharge, it's another police negligent discharge that could be criminal.

Sinus23, SgtWookie, #12 and 3 others like this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    "Always treat all guns like they are always loaded" so the cop playing the bad guy was careful to aim for a kill shot when he could have aimed at anything but the volunteer. Stupidity raised to the level of Fatal. Totally negligent manslaughter, and he's been punished with Paid Vacation (Administrative Leave).

No, wait, that wasn't manslaughter, it was, "a horrible accident".
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...t-dead-during-florida-police-academy-exercise

There is no law against, "horrible accidents", so no crime happened, right?

When the officer fired, live ammunition hit Knowlton — several times.

“Our entire police department and all of our city leaders are absolutely devastated for everyone involved in this unimaginable event,
    said Punta Gorda Police Chief Tom Lewis in a press conference Tuesday night.
    http://thefreethoughtproject.com/cop-accidentally-kill-librarian/

That wasn't "unimaginable", his training kicked in. "Aim to kill and keep shooting until the threat (of survival) is neutralized."

This is the kind of stupid they give a gun and a badge.:mad:

4. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    Want to demonstrate something then use this. Rule #1 never use an 'empty' real gun in this type of training. treat every gun as if it was loaded

They make these for a reason.
    There is no GD excuse for these types of training incidents...
    [​IMG]

#12, JoeJester and GopherT like this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Well, as long as it was merely a, "horrible accident", no harm done.
    At least, that's what the District Attorney will say.

SgtWookie and shortbus like this.
  6. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    When you break at least 4 basic gun safety rules and a 73yo woman is dead after being shot multiple times in a training scenario the horrible accident should be you slipping on the soap in a jail shower.

SgtWookie, justtrying and #12 like this.

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    "Citizen police academies are generally encouraged as a way to bolster ties between police department and the communities they protect." "An advertisement on the chamber website said the event was sold out."

That's probably going to change.

"Officers thought there was only blank ammunition available, he said." (Lewis said)

I bet he thought the highly trained Law Enforcement Professionals would check to see if the guns had real bullets, refuse to aim kill-shots at unarmed non-criminals, and stop firing after the first bullet hit the 73 year old volunteer.:(

8. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    In 2013, Coel received two excessive force complaints, although the exact details of the incidents were not stated. The officer was stripped of his badge and placed on administrative leave.

“It was as if my heart and soul had been ripped out of my chest…,” Coel wrote in a letter included in his personnel file after the incident. “I knew that I had never used any amount of force which was not justified…”

Steve Knowlton told CNN that he is sure the officer is "in the worst hell of his life" after the shooting, "but I want him to know that we know that I'm sure he didn't intend on this happening, and I forgive him."

Now, now. Mustn't blame the victim.:rolleyes:
    Better to dig up trash about the moral quality of the dead lady to justify the shooting.

[sarc/off]

shortbus and GopherT like this.
  10. tcmtech

Nov 4, 2013
    I still want to know what sort of 'F" ups I need to make to get a paid leave.

So far the only ones I have managed to accomplish are the butt chewing kind. :oops:

SgtWookie, shortbus and #12 like this.
  11. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    I really wonder if this officer is all there in the head. There might be much more than just an 'accident' here. Very poor judgement on the level of force needed for a unarmed drunk on bike.

http://www.winknews.com/2016/06/13/man-sues-punta-gorda-police-over-k-9-takedown/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    SgtWookie and #12 like this.
  12. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    As part of my work with dogs, I participate a great deal in training LEOs and security professionals in search, rescue, and apprehension. We always use the blue guns and knives in our training scenarios. If anyone were to pull out a black gun on the training field, or even have one on his person, he would be summarily dismissed, would lose his training privileges with us, and likely lose his job after the report we file.

Safety first.

13. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    BTW, there exists "live" training ammo -- it's called Simunition. You fire it from your own gun, but you have to change barrels first. This prevents you from "accidentally" mixing simulated ammo with the real thing.

14. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    [​IMG]

The kit turns your weapon into a 'blue' gun but you still need full face protection and soft gun vests to play.

15. joeyd999

AAC Fanatic!

Jun 6, 2011
    Yes. I wasn't suggesting the shoot Simunition at the old lady, either.

SgtWookie, JoeJester and nsaspook like this.
  16. Kermit2

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 5, 2010
  17. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/01/17/agent-loses-appeal-over-accidental-shooting-video.html
    Thank goodness he can't, "The lord works in mysterious ways to save us all".

Some people are just stupid.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016

Expert

Nov 30, 2010
    Excellent! We now have a cheap source for guns to be used in Afghanistan...or whatever country we're invading this week.

19. GopherT

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    About 10-years ago we painted our kid's air soft guns yellow because, as purchased, were indistinguishable from the neighbor's Glock when viewed from 10 feet away. We also made the orange tip about 2x bigger. I didn't want them running through the neighborhood and have someone decide to "protect themselves" or claim castle doctrine and shooting at my kids. The orange tip is a federal law, it wasn't on the air soft toys in the video - that should have been the reason for the confiscation - period. The claim to automatic weapons is beyond dumb.

#12 likes this.
  20. nsaspook

AAC Fanatic!

Aug 27, 2009
    The painted tips are done locally on the imported toys. They finally released the toys to the importer.

The ATF guy tried to install the mag backwards in the video.

“Idleness is the only refuge of weak minds, and the holiday of fools.”
    Lord Chesterfield

http://www.everydaynodaysoff.com/2010/01/25/shoestring-machine-gun/

Last edited: Aug 11, 2016
    #12 likes this.