Corrupted fonts (?) on Windows XP SP 2 system

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
That's also interesting, Sarge -- thanks. I started to run the utility, then found it needed the CD. I decided that I'm gonna wait, as I have a key software deliverable to one of my customers next week and the last thing I need is a messed-up system. It's limping along now and will probably survive through the next month until I get to a product release.

Then I'm probably going to go back to VMware's Workstation product and start using Linux again and run Windows only when needed. Windows just has too many problems; the only reason I use it is because I have to support corporate customers who want apps their users can run in Windows.

someonesdad

Joined Jul 7, 2009
Thanks, studiot, but I'd already found that my marlett.ttf file was intact and correct from SgtWookie's font hashes. As I mentioned, what's strange is that after the fourth or fifth reboot, the system healed itself; this may be an indication of something cached somewhere getting fixed.

I think my Windows system is behaving itself because it sees my 12 gauge pointed between its beady little eyes...