Cordless phone circuit failure - Throw away or fix things anymore?

jiminindiana

Joined Jan 13, 2015
Hi. New here. Perhaps this should be elsewhere, if so please advise or let me know another forum to seek.

I have an older 5.8 dual cordless phone made by Uniden for Radio Shack. The handset will not register as instructed in the manual. The base will "page" the handset. The handset will "ring" with an incoming call - just static is heard. Batteries are charged and power appropriate to the base.

Might a component in the circuit be weak? I have attached a pic of the circuit board and components. Anyone here have either experience with circuits on cordless phones or could guess what component may be failing?

I have communicated several times with Uniden and Radio Shack to no avail. No one wants to get to board level anymore. Do we just through serviceable things away because no one wishes to take the time to fix?

Thanks for your attention. If you know another place where this is more appropriate please let me know. I really would like to attempt a fix at the board/component level with this circuit.

Thanks. Jim.

Attachments

jiminindiana

Joined Jan 13, 2015
I see a number of people have viewed the post and thanks. Perhaps I need to find another forum that is more appropriate to my issue. If anyone could suggest a forum or two I'll go explore them. Thanks again for reading and helping out if you can. I have to believe there is a forum where electronics type engineers and enthusiasts hang. I do hate to throw this stuff away simply because of a weak component. Thanks.