Copper Connection Software

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by ronv, Aug 28, 2014.

1. ronv

Thread Starter AAC Fanatic!

Nov 12, 2008
    I'm trying out Copper Connection PCB layout software. I think I might like it. But I'm trying to make a very wide trace using a copper pour and I find I don't know how and can't find any help in help. What I have tried is just to put a rectangle over the area then I tried various combinations of pour clearance commands. No joy.:mad: All the pads are tied to it.
    Anyone use it and know how to add planes?

2. GopherT

AAC Fanatic!

Nov 23, 2012
    Check out the help or about drop down, the authors of small software packages are usually responsive to support requests. They like to know what is not obvious so they can make it obvious.

3. mcgyvr

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 15, 2009
    Never used that software but with others you simply sketch a filled rectangle while the "signal" layer or "top" or "bottom" layer is selected/active. No copper pour needed.

4. ronv

Nov 12, 2008
    Silly me. There is a button you have to click to show the clearance.:rolleyes:
    Like 10 minute response from the company. May have to buy it.

5. MikeML

AAC Fanatic!

Oct 2, 2009
    Is there any way to compare a schematic derived netlist to the physical layout with this software?

6. ronv

Nov 12, 2008
    No. There is a feature to highlight the traces in a net, but you have to compare to the schematic yourself. A short coming.:(