Copper Busbar

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Copper for use in electrical circuits is inherently pure because even tiny amounts of adulterants cause large changes in conductivity. You are exploring a non-issue.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There are tin plated copper bar strips that are made by Weidmuller et-al and have cable clamps etc to attach various shields etc.
But common copper bus bar or plate works also for star point grounding termination etc.
Max.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I used round, "hard" copper pipe for the terminals in a 50 amp battery charger I built. 1/2 inch size fits the jumper cable ends nicely.

strantor

Joined Oct 3, 2010
Thanks for the replies. If I use the one in the link below and solder the shielding of each cable with each terminal, will that do the job?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Fork-type...al_Components_Supplies_ET&hash=item3a8142521d
Are you one of those that will ask how to do it right and then insist on doing it wrong? Why ask the question?

What you're looking for is what I linked before. What you've linked to is a bridge/jumper for contactors or terminal strips. Sure, you can use that and solder anything you'd like to it. But you could do the same with a mangled coat hanger or a piece of scrap black iron pipe. If you want to do it the industry-accepted right way, take the guidance that's been given.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Because there are often other sized grounds and bonding cables as well as shields to be accommodated and fixed to a common Star point ground, I obtain wide copper bar and drill and tap rows of 8-32/10-32 holes at various intervals and terminate all to this point using ring terminals etc.
Similar to post #7
Max.