Converting a DC input to a sine wave

gibberellingirl

Joined Apr 10, 2010
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a relatively high frequency sine wave (5-6 kHz) from a DC input. I am working on a project where the user needs to locate a remote object by pressing a button on his/her bracelet. My idea was to use an RF transmitter and receiver. The receiver output is then connected to a piezoelectric speaker which guides the user to the object. The one problem is that I don't know how to convert a DC input to a sine wave. Also, two constraints: since the bracelet is going to be worn, it cannot be too big and no microcontrollers (nature of the project).

Thank you,
Hazal

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Given the OPs description it doesn't need to be a sine wave, they are just wanting a tone. A 555 can do this with 4 parts, including battery.

Bychon

Joined Mar 12, 2010
If you only want to find the object, you can buy a thing called a "Cat Finder". If you want to build a project, ignore this and procede as usual.

Rosh

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to create a relatively high frequency sine wave (5-6 kHz) from a DC input. I am working on a project where the user needs to locate a remote object by pressing a button on his/her bracelet. My idea was to use an RF transmitter and receiver. The receiver output is then connected to a piezoelectric speaker which guides the user to the object. The one problem is that I don't know how to convert a DC input to a sine wave. Also, two constraints: since the bracelet is going to be worn, it cannot be too big and no microcontrollers (nature of the project).

Thank you,
Hazal
Dear friend, convering dc into ac can be done by oscillators. weinbridge oscillator is a good choice. or transistor oscillators (since for 5 to 6 khz BC107 is enough). It will convert the vcc from power supply to sine wave.all the best