Controlling servo with potentiometer

susannah

Joined Feb 14, 2010
Thanks.

This is interesting, but i need the servo to stay in current position when i release control button.

Roman had originally posted some links to a 556 circuit. I did give those a shot and true to John's note, the servo movement was delayed and jerky. I'm sure any of the simpler circuits posted will do the trick, but don't expect too much. The servo I had is very similar in size and appearance to the OP's, but it was a different model.

Another option, if you don't want to build a circuit, is to use a cheap wireless RC transmitter and receiver. You can use the remote to move the servo as slow or as fast as you want. The caveat is, as soon as you release the control, the servo will return to its center position. Here is one such option.

I need to make very slow movement with servo for about 1-5 seconds then stop.

I'm not sure which servo tester can do this.
HK sell servo speed controllers which wiil fit the bill for both controlling servo speed from standard to really slo-mo, and also for reversing them, if required. I use one for aeroplane flaps which require two servos, one of which is reversed.

They are really compact, use standard Futaba/Jr connectors - and don't cost the earth either.