Controlling RGB Led using PWM of Microcontroller

John P

Joined Oct 14, 2008
It's okay sir to use 10 or 12 or 13 or 14. But at least 9 LED. ahahaha...
I just need to make sure the brightness is enough for a single room in the house.
Does "enough for a single room in the house" mean you plan to light a room with LEDs? At 20mA current, that will be a large number of LEDs.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
As you can see on my first post, i'm using SMD 5050 RGB type of LED. And i think it's possible to control R,G and B separately using this IC.
You are correct sir. The device data sheet you linked in your first post of this thread shows the RGB device has 6 leads so each light may be controlled independently of all others. Each LED inside comes to two separate pins

BramLabs

Joined Nov 21, 2013
Does "enough for a single room in the house" mean you plan to light a room with LEDs? At 20mA current, that will be a large number of LEDs.
Yeah sir, i plan to light a room with LED. That's why i use about 11 LEDs. Because my friend bought a LED's lamp ( made in china ) and only costs about 1 dollar US (seriously, the lamp is not as bad as i think for 1 dollar price), and i tried to see the circuit. And i see that they're using 11 LED ( but in this case, they're using 11 LED ET-5630 0.5W, while in my plan, i'm not using it. I'm using RGB LED )
Oh yeah, and also they claim that the LEDs is 7 watt lamp. But i don't know how to calculate the 7 watt, because in my calculation, i only got 3.5 watt ( i calculate only the LED, not include the IC power dissipation of bridge circuit, a resistor on it, etc. )