Controlling multiple (10+) DC motors at once... HELP !

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by sheffladreece, Jan 22, 2014.

1. sheffladreece

Thread Starter New Member

Jan 22, 2014
    New to the forum first off let me say hi to you all, and i look forward to hearing any solutions, suggestions and or advice that you may have regarding my problems here on.

Firstly very very basic knowledge of circuitry... Although more than capable of learning new concepts quickly.

The issue I am having is devising a way in which to control multiple DC motors WIRELESSLY i.e. basically just turning them on and off and nothing other!

Suggestions/ solutions regarding this issue please

Thanks

Sheffladreece

2. shteii01

AAC Fanatic!

Feb 19, 2010
    Transmitter for the operator.

Each motor has its own driver circuit. The driver circuit is connected to the receiver. Receiver generates ON/OFF signal based on the signal from transmitter.

3. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    I have used a TX/RX pair with a decoder IC RWS-434 TWS-434 and CIP-8E and CIP-8D decoder, this is older technology, but there should be modern equivalents.
    This set up was for 8 operators.
    Max.

4. sheffladreece

Jan 22, 2014
    How small can the receivers be ? and would it be possible to get one for under a £1 ?

How small can the transmitters be? and would it be possible to get one for under £5 ?

5. MaxHeadRoom

Expert

Jul 18, 2013
    What range do you want, you most likely can get something from the simple R/C sites that is multi-channel fairly cheap?
    Max.

6. sheffladreece

Jan 22, 2014
    Im hoping to achieve around a 30m x 30m x 10m (l x w x h) range if that is at all possible ?